Latest Updates:
Normal Topic C01: Sven with White against the French? (Read 3165 times)
alumbrado
God Member

Esse quam videri bonus
malebo

Re: Sven with White against the French?
Reply #3 - 06/20/06 at 14:09:32
Post Tools
Both Keano and TJ are, depressingly, right.

If sometimes we fly too close to the sun, at least this shows we are spreading our wings.

IP Logged

TalJechin
God Member

There is no secret ingredient.

Reply #2 - 06/16/06 at 12:33:38
Post Tools
MrET wrote on 06/16/06 at 07:57:59:
Watching England v. Trinidad & Tobago this morning (my timezone), for some reason my mind wandered away from the game.  Sven-Joran showed an impeccable poker-face, and chose interesting patterns of play for his pieces.  This led me to the question - if Sven was white against the French, and had a 500-pt rating advantage, what variation would he use to express his unique strategic talents?

I think he'd first check what the british papers/media recommend and try to do the exact opposite...  Wink

IP Logged

Keano
God Member

Money doesn't talk, it
swears.

Reply #1 - 06/16/06 at 08:21:52
Post Tools
simple - exchange variation. Then he would put all his pieces in the way of each other and outplay himself, before his opponent managed to blunder just in time

IP Logged

MrET
YaBB Newbies

C01: Sven with White against the French?
06/16/06 at 07:57:59
Post Tools
Watching England v. Trinidad & Tobago this morning (my timezone), for some reason my mind wandered away from the game.  Sven-Joran showed an impeccable poker-face, and chose interesting patterns of play for his pieces.  This led me to the question - if Sven was white against the French, and had a 500-pt rating advantage, what variation would he use to express his unique strategic talents?
« Last Edit: 08/01/11 at 11:04:52 by dom »  

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo