Latest Updates:
Normal Topic Nimzo-Larsen Attack Modern Variation (Read 2367 times)
Dinomike100

I Love ChessPublishing!

Re: Nimzo-Larsen Attack Modern Variation
Reply #2 - 07/11/06 at 19:31:21
Post Tools
I've tried it a bunch of times since posting and I also tried the standard: 1. b3 e5 2. Bb2 Nc6 3. e3 d4 4. Bb5 type of line.  I think the standard one may be a bit more flexible because it does more to tie up black's pieces.  Although a KS fianchetto isn't possible, I also don't have to worry about stuff like Bb4+ as much since c3 is still available (though this blocks in my bishop , I can castle and move to c4).  With the early c4, I think playing a3 early is sometimes important.

IP Logged

Jonathan Tait
God Member

Re: Nimzo-Larsen Attack Modern Variation
Reply #1 - 07/11/06 at 16:24:28
Post Tools
it's ok for White
Black is also ok
you play from there

Smiley

blog inspired by Bronstein's book, but using my own games: http://200opengames.blogspot.co.uk/
IP Logged

Dinomike100

I Love ChessPublishing!

Nimzo-Larsen Attack Modern Variation
06/26/06 at 02:35:54
Post Tools
I was wondering how good the following type of setup is for white:

1. b3 e5
2. Bb2 Nc6
3. c4

It depends on what black does, although a kingside fianchetto is a possible followup for white. 

From looking at some of Bent Larsen's games with this, I get the impression that the main characteristic of the Nimzo-Larsen attack, other than avoiding theory, is that it almost always avoids early piece exchanges and both sides have almost all of their pieces on the board in the middle game.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo