Latest Updates:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Secrets of opening surprises/Scandinavian 3...Qd8 (Read 27596 times)
TopNotch
God Member

I only look 1 move ahead,
but its always the best

Re: Secrets of opening surprises/Scandinavian 3...
Reply #4 - 08/08/06 at 23:18:10
Post Tools
I would be curious to know what Kogan has to offer in these 3...Qd8 lines, since as far as I know Black is struggling badly here in virtually all critical variations.

In particular what is the status of 1e4 d5 2exd5 Qxd5 3Nc3 Qd8 4d4 Nf6 5Nf3 c6 6Bc4 Bf5 7Ne5 e6 8.g4 Bg6 which on current evidence is excellent for white.

Toppy Smiley

The man who tries to do something and fails is infinitely better than he who tries to do nothing and succeeds - Lloyd Jones Smiley

IP Logged

Glenn Snow
God Member

Reply #3 - 07/30/06 at 00:45:30
Post Tools
Andrew Martin has written on Chesspub that the Banker is very playable.  He also mentioned the article noting that Kogan has updated a lot of the analysis that he (Martin) wrote over 5 years ago.

IP Logged

Sax83
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #2 - 07/10/06 at 12:09:55
Post Tools
It cannot be so clearly at all as the analysis of the 3..Qd8 Skandinavian in SOS is done by GM Artur Kogan and while nobody is an enemy of what he intends to sell, a titled player for sure dont want to lose his reputation.

IP Logged

JEH
God Member

"Football is like Chess,
only without the dice."

Reply #1 - 07/10/06 at 09:53:36
Post Tools
Sax83 wrote on 07/09/06 at 17:36:50:
According to the preview the authors come to the judge that the Qd8-Scandinavian is absolutely playable.

I've yet to see an author write "This opening is rubbish, but please buy my book anyway"  Wink

Those who want to go by my perverse footsteps play such pawn structure with fuzzy atypical still strategic orientations

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middlegame with you

IP Logged

Sax83
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Secrets of opening surprises/Scandinavian 3...Qd8
07/09/06 at 17:36:50
Post Tools
Edition 4 by Jeroen Bosch "SOS - Schach ohne Scheuklappen" (english title: Secrets of Opening surprises) covers an analysis of 3...Qd8 in the Scandinavian opening. I just ordered the book. According to the preview the authors come to the judge that the Qd8-Scandinavian is absolutely playable.

Anybody out there who plays the 3...Qd8-Scandinavian and can tell about his experience?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo