Latest Updates:
Normal Topic Those off beat attacking ideas (Read 1514 times)
BasqueKnight
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Re: Those off beat attacking ideas
Reply #2 - 08/01/06 at 05:24:38
Post Tools
I dont have tigers book but I am thinking of picking it up for some recreational reading. I employ the modern mostley in blitz against players who do not fair well against the hyper modern ideas because of lack of understanding but I have never ventured it in a longer game. So i decided that I would look into getting Tigers book and see what all the fuss is about. So far I dont have a very positive opinion of the pirc/modern because I havent lost to it sense learning how to really attack like the 150 the chinese and even the austrian and so called Classical 2 system in Alburts Pirc Alert.

I think its much to slow compared to its cousin the Kings Indian which I dont mind playing at all.

IP Logged

fianchetto
YaBB Newbies

Re: Those off beat attacking ideas
Reply #1 - 07/29/06 at 09:28:33
Post Tools
I had a problem yesterday playing the modern defence, against this attack. The game goes 1.e4 g6 2.d4 Bg7 3.Nc3 d6 4.Be2 a6 5.a4 Nf6 6.g4!? He later had a bind on both sides and I got squeeezed. After the game, my first idea was 5...Nc6 6.Be3 e5 in order to take care of the dark squares. Any info in Tiger's book ?

IP Logged

BasqueKnight
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Those off beat attacking ideas
07/28/06 at 23:34:46
Post Tools
A couple of years ago Andrew matain reintroduced to the world to the Chinese attack against the Pirc. Im not sure if thats what its reall called but the name is not important.

I have a tourney coming up and have decided to use this as my weapon against the pirc.

It starts: 1.e4 d6 2.d4 nf6 3.Nc3 g6 4. Be2 Bg7 5. g4!?

I have a lot of fun in this line which i also use against the modern when given the chance.

Does any one else play this off beat aggressive line.

Does any one have a plus score with it or against it? And are you willing to share your games?

Mr.Martin if you would be so kind as to make a mini update of "Somthing against the Pirc" I would most appreciate it.

Kudos to all

The BasqueKnight

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo