Latest Updates:
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Yearly 'spring' clean (Read 10450 times)
Pikachulord6
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Re: Yearly 'spring' clean
Reply #13 - 11/21/12 at 23:42:26
Post Tools
Smyslov_Fan: Haha, I didn't notice until you mentioned it. The "us" part threw me off. Although... Markovich is getting close to 6000, so I suppose you won't be alone for long. Wink

IP Logged

Smyslov_Fan
YaBB Moderator
Correspondence fan

Progress depends on the
unreasonable man. ~GBS

Reply #12 - 11/21/12 at 20:25:16
Post Tools
Just in case anyone missed it, there's only been one person who at the time I wrote it had posted 6000-8000 posts here. MNb has posted +9000!

IP Logged

GMTonyKosten
YaBB Administrator

Mr Dynamic?

Reply #11 - 11/21/12 at 10:59:51
Post Tools
Hadron wrote on 11/20/12 at 22:03:13:
What this forum should be about? If this forum was solely about chess then I might have to agree with you. I don’t know if you have noticed (and I am convinced whoever moderates the ‘Chit Chat room hasn’t) that parts of Chess Publishing have been dedicated to discussing things other than Chess….

I can't believe it really took you six years to think up this reply! Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Hadron

Doctor, Doctor, Doctor..When
will you ever learn?

Reply #10 - 11/20/12 at 22:03:13
Post Tools
8arms wrote on 09/14/06 at 17:47:11:
….and I'm sick of seeing all this bitching and passing comments on other people about non-related chess openings and not getting down to what this forum(s) should be about. I'm here to learn and enjoy chess ...

What this forum should be about? If this forum was solely about chess then I might have to agree with you. I don’t know if you have noticed (and I am convinced whoever moderates the ‘Chit Chat room hasn’t) that parts of Chess Publishing have been dedicated to discussing things other than Chess….

TopNotch wrote on 09/14/06 at 17:12:03:
You retards really kill me sometimes.

How do you archive posts that have never been made, and why would you want to retain members who never post anything or contribute nothing but spam. Makes me wonder if you took the time to read Tony's post properly at all or perhaps you suffer from attention deficit syndrome.
Were I Tony I would delete the both of you just for your stupidity.

Toppylov Smiley

Retards? Really?? Spam, as you put it, can be like a chess position, some times a mate is blindingly obvious and other times…well….not some much. So a part from the obvious, just how would you yourself define “spam”?. I really don’t know maybe the Granmassa can start with posts where some call other people retards just for their suggestions/opinions?...

Smyslov_Fan wrote on 11/17/12 at 22:49:58:
How about people who have made between 6000 and 8000 posts here?  Should those people try to find something useful to write too? Or is there no hope for us?

..Really?...If there have been people who have been able to write between 6000 and 8000 posts and as you infer none of it has been useful, how have they have been able to write so many posts unobstructed?...
Oh my….In which case:
Smyslov_Fan wrote on 11/17/12 at 22:49:58:
... Or is there no hope for us?

...answers itself......No
Hadron.

I'm reminded again of something Short wrote recently, approximately "The biggest fallacy in chess is the quasi-religious belief in the primacy of the opening."

IP Logged

Smyslov_Fan
YaBB Moderator
Correspondence fan

Progress depends on the
unreasonable man. ~GBS

Reply #9 - 11/17/12 at 22:49:58
Post Tools
How about people who have made between 6000 and 8000 posts here?  Should those people try to find something useful to write too? Or is there no hope for us?

IP Logged

GMTonyKosten
YaBB Administrator

Mr Dynamic?

Reply #8 - 11/17/12 at 21:55:56
Post Tools
GMTonyKosten wrote on 11/19/06 at 15:36:56:
Anyway, the number of spamming 'members' has shot up again, so I will be deleting all these so-called 'members' with no posts, once again. Please can serious Members who have never posted try to find something useful to write over the next couple of days so I don't remove them! Thanks! Wink

Ok, I will be doing this again soon, please take note!

IP Logged

GMTonyKosten
YaBB Administrator

Mr Dynamic?

Reply #7 - 11/19/06 at 15:36:56
Post Tools
This turned into such a bad-tempered post, but even so I am reviving it! Roll Eyes
Anyway, the number of spamming 'members' has shot up again, so I will be deleting all these so-called 'members' with no posts, once again. Please can serious Members who have never posted try to find something useful to write over the next couple of days so I don't remove them! Thanks! Wink

IP Logged

TopNotch
God Member

I only look 1 move ahead,
but its always the best

Reply #6 - 09/15/06 at 03:31:40
Post Tools
My Bad

Tops Smiley

The man who tries to do something and fails is infinitely better than he who tries to do nothing and succeeds - Lloyd Jones Smiley

IP Logged

Scholar
God Member

Reply #5 - 09/14/06 at 23:40:58
Post Tools
Now, now, let's all settle down...

I am sure that Klick was joking, but even so it appears to have been misinterpreted (by both of you): he wasn't being sarcastic or ironic ("deleting posts is a great way to increase activity") but rather mock-enthusiastic ("if everyone with under 10 posts is threatened with deletion, think of all of the new activity by people trying to keep their accounts active").

So now you know.

IP Logged

8arms

If you don't shoot, you
won't score!

Reply #4 - 09/14/06 at 17:47:11
Post Tools
TopNotch wrote on 09/14/06 at 17:12:03:
8arms wrote on 09/14/06 at 08:19:46:
Rather deleting stuff off, can't you archive some of these posts and post a link to these archives instead?!

What happens if a 'Mr Kasparov' posts some analysis to say the King's Indian is dead in one post, do you really want that to go if new members join?!

Klick wrote on 09/13/06 at 16:22:04:
Yes, what an excellent way to increase the activity on the forum! This week deleting members who have never posted. Next week deleting members with less than 10 posts. 20 posts after that, 30...

The number of postings on the forum will quadruple in no time!   Grin

How do you archive posts that have never been made, ...

Toppylov Smiley

I was referring to Klick's response to Tony's original post in connection to 'Next week deleting members with less than 10 posts. 20 posts after that, 30...'.

It makes me wonder, people who have less than an ounce of intelligence to work that one out should also be deleted and I'm sick of seeing all this bitching and passing comments on other people about non-related chess openings and not getting down to what this forum(s) should be about. I'm here to learn and enjoy chess ...

IP Logged

TopNotch
God Member

I only look 1 move ahead,
but its always the best

Reply #3 - 09/14/06 at 17:12:03
Post Tools
8arms wrote on 09/14/06 at 08:19:46:
Rather deleting stuff off, can't you archive some of these posts and post a link to these archives instead?!

What happens if a 'Mr Kasparov' posts some analysis to say the King's Indian is dead in one post, do you really want that to go if new members join?!

Klick wrote on 09/13/06 at 16:22:04:
Yes, what an excellent way to increase the activity on the forum! This week deleting members who have never posted. Next week deleting members with less than 10 posts. 20 posts after that, 30...

How do you archive posts that have never been made, and why would you want to retain members who never post anything or contribute nothing but spam. Makes me wonder if you took the time to read Tony's post properly at all or perhaps you suffer from attention deficit syndrome.

Were I Tony I would delete the both of you just for your stupidity.

Toppylov Smiley

The man who tries to do something and fails is infinitely better than he who tries to do nothing and succeeds - Lloyd Jones Smiley

IP Logged

8arms

If you don't shoot, you
won't score!

Reply #2 - 09/14/06 at 08:19:46
Post Tools

IP Logged

Klick
God Member

Reply #1 - 09/13/06 at 16:22:04
Post Tools

There just isn't enough televised chess - DAVID LETTERMAN

IP Logged

GMTonyKosten
YaBB Administrator

Mr Dynamic?

Yearly 'spring' clean
09/12/06 at 10:48:39
Post Tools
In a week or so I am going to delete all the members who have never posted (or who have posted spam which was then deleted) so if you have registered but never written anything, the time has come! Smiley

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo