Latest Updates:
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) New clickable ChessPub Guides (Read 7860 times)
dokusan
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Re: New clickable ChessPub Guides
Reply #11 - 04/03/07 at 11:19:33
Post Tools
I only have Fritz 8 and was disappointed to find it didn't work on this, until I remembered the free download Chessbase Light, it works fine on that Smiley
this is a very useful feature, I really like it. Look forward to seeing other clickable books in due course? Can we start a 'wish list' Roll Eyes
What about the excellent QGD book, and upgrade the playable d4d5 series, and then there's the antisiclians.....
Thanks for making this improvement available

IP Logged

GMTonyKosten
YaBB Administrator

Mr Dynamic?

Reply #10 - 12/14/06 at 22:18:57
Post Tools
Hi John,
Thanks, that's a shame, how many subscribers would be adversely effected by this? Undecided

IP Logged

GMJohnEmms
YaBB Newbies

Reply #9 - 12/08/06 at 11:18:46
Post Tools
Hi Tony,

Just checked out these game quotations and they worked for all my versions of CB (7,8,9, reader, light) but not on Fritz, Shredder (even the latest versions), which is a bit of a shame.

Best wishes,

John

IP Logged

GMTonyKosten
YaBB Administrator

Mr Dynamic?

Reply #8 - 12/07/06 at 16:45:35
Post Tools
Sorry, I meant one text with links to the ChessPub Guides, which would then link to the games. Smiley
I have just had a look at the Colle eBook with ChessBase light and the Game Quotations seem to work fine, to my great surprise! Shocked

IP Logged

juanitoguate
YaBB Newbies

I love ChessPublishing
.com!

Reply #7 - 12/07/06 at 14:28:55
Post Tools
Quote:
It just occurred to me that it might be possible to have just the ChessPub Guides (with the Game Quotations) plus all the games for each opening updated every month. In other words, the same as the Colle eBook, but without the guiding texts at the beginning (which are fiddly and time-consuming to produce) just maybe one text with links to the eBooks. Would this be useful?
One downside is that everyone would have to have a recent version of ChessBase to use them. 

That would be great indeed. When you say "...maybe one text with links to the eBooks..." do you mean links to the games? If you do this, I presume you would still need to keep the current format available for those who don't have the recent version of ChessBase. It is a lot easier to follow games and their annotations if you use the Game Quotations, so it is a great improvement. Would it be a lot of extra work to have both options? I mean, in one case you embed the games in the ChessPub Guide but you still have to have the embeded games analyzed... That means that all the material is there already and you would only need to have another version without the Game Quotations (in my limited knowledge that is only a few clicks difference, but I don't know...). If this is possible, then you could have two download links in every update: one with the embeded games, and the other as they currently are.

Hope I made sense with my thoughts. Best regards,

YIM  
IP Logged

GMTonyKosten
YaBB Administrator

Mr Dynamic?

Reply #6 - 12/07/06 at 13:25:40
Post Tools
It just occurred to me that it might be possible to have just the ChessPub Guides (with the Game Quotations) plus all the games for each opening updated every month. In other words, the same as the Colle eBook, but without the guiding texts at the beginning (which are fiddly and time-consuming to produce) just maybe one text with links to the eBooks. Would this be useful?
One downside is that everyone would have to have a recent version of ChessBase to use them. Undecided

IP Logged

juanitoguate
YaBB Newbies

I love ChessPublishing
.com!

Reply #5 - 12/06/06 at 15:38:40
Post Tools
Those game quotations are awesome! Thanks a lot

YIM  
IP Logged

juanitoguate
YaBB Newbies

I love ChessPublishing
.com!

Reply #4 - 12/01/06 at 15:34:44
Post Tools
Hey Tony!! That is quite useful!! Please keep it up...

Warm regards,

PS> I posted a question in the Flank Opening section regarding one of the English ebooks. Nobody has answered, but since YOU ARE THE MAN, could you please answer it? Thanks in advance.

YIM  
IP Logged

TalJechin
God Member

There is no secret ingredient.

Reply #3 - 12/01/06 at 14:01:49
Post Tools
Quite useful, keep it up!  Smiley

IP Logged

dsanchez

24.Nh1!?N

Reply #2 - 12/01/06 at 03:14:50
Post Tools
Hey, it works!  Nicely done.

IP Logged

Paddy
God Member

The truth will out!

Reply #1 - 12/01/06 at 01:58:24
Post Tools
GMTonyKosten wrote on 11/30/06 at 17:31:08:
For the first time (in the new Colle playable eBook) the ChessPub Guides have 'game quotations' (in ChessBase terminology!) so that when you get to the end of a note (where there is an icon next to the player info) you can just press 'Enter' and the actual game should pop up! This might mean that older versions of ChessBase (Hiarcs, Fritz, ... etc.) don't work properly! Angry
This is an experiment! Please everyone download it and let me know whether you think these 'links' are a useful plus, or whether I just wasted a lot of time putting them in! Cry

That's pretty neat Tony.

Obviously it's a lot of work, though, so maybe subscribers should be asked to vote to prioritise which other e-books should be updated like this next?

IP Logged

GMTonyKosten
YaBB Administrator

Mr Dynamic?

New clickable ChessPub Guides
11/30/06 at 17:31:08
Post Tools
For the first time (in the new Colle playable eBook) the ChessPub Guides have 'game quotations' (in ChessBase terminology!) so that when you get to the end of a note (where there is an icon next to the player info) you can just press 'Enter' and the actual game should pop up! This might mean that older versions of ChessBase (Hiarcs, Fritz, ... etc.) don't work properly! Angry
This is an experiment! Please everyone download it and let me know whether you think these 'links' are a useful plus, or whether I just wasted a lot of time putting them in! Cry

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo