Latest Updates:
Normal Topic London vs. English/Owen Defense (1...b6) (Read 1707 times)
Udav18

I Love ChessPublishing!

Re: London vs. English/Owen Defense (1...b6)
Reply #2 - 07/02/07 at 13:54:01
Post Tools
Yea,thats right!I remember the time ,when I played the london systhem,I had a lot problems with 1d4 d5 2Nf3 Nf6 3.Lf4 c5!
The idea behind this move is1.to play Nc6 and make a strong pressure on whites centre 2.exploit the weakness,of the b2 pawn ,because the defender(B) is on f4.Well,it is not bad for white,but black has just a really simple game.

IP Logged

nyoke
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Re: London vs. English/Owen Defense (1...b6)
Reply #1 - 03/16/07 at 10:57:16
Post Tools
White's plan is prolly to play Bd3, c3, Nbd2 and so on : the usual solid strategies in the openings of this section. The strongest antidote (against all of these openings) is an early ...c5. Of course, white could also at a given moment decide to go the QG-way (c4, Nc3), if it seems right.

IP Logged

Kaissa
YaBB Newbies

London vs. English/Owen Defense (1...b6)
03/14/07 at 16:46:23
Post Tools
Hi,

I had this in the Nimzo/Benoni forum, but MNb and Nyoke asked me to bring it over here.

I'm a D class player, and I like to play 1...b6.  Here is the line I need help with:

1. d4   b6
2. Nf3  Bb7
3. Bf4  Nf6
4. e3

What is white's plan here?   I can't seem to find this line in any of my books on the English Defense.

I'm looking for a simple explanation of both white and black's stategic plans.

Hope to hear from someone soon,

Kaissa.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo