Latest Updates:
Normal Topic an unusual line encountered (Read 1885 times)
woofwoof
God Member

chess is like life

Re: an unusual line encountered
Reply #3 - 04/01/07 at 14:26:06
Post Tools
Who am I to say that its bad since 2400& 2500 players play it? All I can say is that it is playable, but for me personally Im not  too impressed with it.

"I don't make mistakes. I make prophecies which immediately turn out to be wrong." - Murray Walker

IP Logged

sssthepro

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #2 - 04/01/07 at 01:35:56
Post Tools
So this is bad?

IP Logged

woofwoof
God Member

chess is like life

Reply #1 - 03/31/07 at 17:23:20
Post Tools
I could be wrong as I dont play the Richter Rauzer. That move is in my computer's opening book, and has been played before but I'm not too impressed by it overall. I mean..... Qb6 does not serve the same purpose here as in the Poison pawn Najdorf, where the black queen threatens the b2 pawn and pressures the f1-a7 diagonal at the same time. here white has already castled & the f pawn has not been advanced yet. In some lines that follow, the queen even retreats to c7, so double handling of the queen. I think black would be better off just playing h6 or Bd7 instead.

The most natural for white after Qb6 wld just be a simple 9.Nb3 Be7 10.f3, consolidating the position, and having the option of g4 later on.

"I don't make mistakes. I make prophecies which immediately turn out to be wrong." - Murray Walker

IP Logged

sssthepro

I Love ChessPublishing!

an unusual line encountered
03/31/07 at 05:49:16
Post Tools
I was playing on playchess today and I met the following line:

1.e4 c5 2.Nf3 d6 3.d4 cd 4.Nd4 Nf6 5.Nc3 Nc6 6.Bg5 e6 7.Qd2 a6 8.0-0-0 Qb6!?

I dont know the idea of this move, other than chasing the knight away. To me, the Queen on b6 seems to block the queenside attack. Can I know what is the idea of this move, and what are some suggested ways for white to handle it?

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo