Latest Updates:
Normal Topic Is the Modern Giuoco piano for attacking players ? (Read 2930 times)
zoo
Ex Member

Re: Is the Modern Giuoco piano for attacking playe
Reply #2 - 06/13/07 at 11:44:31
Post Tools
Go ahead !
I would like to quote Frederic Lempereur, who said more than 20 years ago : "The Italian is no worse than the Spanish, because in the Spanish White has to play thirty theoretical moves to reach equality, while in the Italian he can achieve that in just five moves".
On the other hand, the "Modern Giuoco" is also good for Black attacking players who have time for a6, Bc5-a7 and then ...g5,  check for instance some Elista games (Adams-Shirov for sure, and also one by Grischuk iirc).

IP Logged

Willempie
God Member

I love ChessPublishing
.com!

Re: Is the Modern Giuoco piano for attacking playe
Reply #1 - 05/25/07 at 17:42:10
Post Tools
Seems like an excellent choice to me. It is also an excellent introduction to the Ruy as play is very similar in some lines. For example the knight manoeuvre you mention is also standard in many closed lines.

If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through.

IP Logged

Tournevyks
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Is the Modern Giuoco piano for attacking players ?
05/25/07 at 15:49:49
Post Tools
Hi,

I've always considered the "d3 giuoco piano" as a boring opening, being myself an attacking player, enjoying complex positions with sacrifices. But I'm getting tired of the KG, the Evan's, & co, it's hard to explain why, but ... in fact... hmm... I find them too theoretical, and not for players who like to be original, because attacking plans are always the same. My idea, by playing the modern Giuoco piano (with d3, c3, and later d4), is to arrive at move 20 in a position I've never seen, and to attack Cheesy

I've been playing chess for a year, and I'm rated 1810 (I work very hard). I've already tried systems with a "normal" development : Nf3, Nc3, Bc4 / Bd3, etc, and I would like to be proud to say to my friend : "During my last game, I played Nbd2, Ndf1, Nfg3 ! And I think I could do that with the Modern Giuoco Piano :p

So if you play this opening, or know it, I would appreciate if you could tell me if it's an opening for me Wink
I'm also looking if the Bishop's opening, With Bc4, d3, is a good option for me Wink

Thanks.

PS : The Modern Giuoco Piano isn't the Giuoco Pianissimo, with Nc3 instead of c3 Wink

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo