Latest Updates:
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Topic Tools
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) C00-C19: The collins rep.book about french (Read 11364 times)
naughtyknight

I love ChessPublishing.com!

Re: The collins rep.book about french
Reply #18 - 11/27/08 at 09:25:53
Post Tools
Seems like it was killed off at an early stage.

Maybe Sam had a disagreement with batsford.

Ho hummm. Thanks.

IP Logged

akita

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #17 - 11/24/08 at 11:51:57
Post Tools
HiAll

I spoke with Sam about this very subject at the Wellington College International 2007. He told me that he was not going to do the book.

I think it was with Batsford and I did not ask him his reasons.

Akita

IP Logged

Novosibirsk

Chess is my life!

Reply #16 - 11/23/08 at 15:04:34
Post Tools
Well...I think we should forget about this book once and for all. Its clean dead even before it was born.

“I don’t play chess anymore, I play Fischer Random. It is a much better game, more challenge. Chess is a dead game, it is played out. Fischer Random is a version of chess that I developed or invented.
IP Logged

naughtyknight

Reply #15 - 11/22/08 at 16:40:28
Post Tools
I know this thread has been dead for a while, but does anyone know *why* Sam Collin's book was cancelled?

His repertoire book based on 1.e4 was excellent...

IP Logged

Darthmambo

Reply #14 - 10/01/07 at 03:59:03
Post Tools
Actually, this is darn frustrating, the say the books been coming out for a while, now the week it is, it is cancelled, that would suck.

IP Logged

Darthmambo

Reply #13 - 09/29/07 at 01:19:35
Post Tools
Darn, I was really looking forward to that book. I play the stonewall and the winawer. Wanted to see what he gave against minor lines in the winawer, and I was really looking forward to see what he gave on the Armenian (if I liked what he gave, I would give it a try). Oh and also how to play the dutch against other openings. Oh well.  Undecided

IP Logged

tafl

Reply #12 - 09/28/07 at 10:59:49
Post Tools
Unfortunately the book seems to have been cancelled: http://sverreschesscorner.blogspot.com/

A computer once beat me at chess but it was no match for me at kick boxing - Emo Philips

IP Logged

winawer77

Reply #11 - 09/22/07 at 11:37:06
Post Tools
I have also pre-ordered this on Amazon, the initial delivery date was 6-20 September, it is now 4-10 October Sad

I have been playing the Armenian variation for a while now, but have recently given it up on the back of a damaging loss where Black seems to be struggling in the main line. I was hoping that this book would reignite my interest and faith in this provocative line.

As for the Stonewall setup with black...this is fine against 1.d4 however I was always under the impression that White could get a safe edge against it with 1c4 or 1Nf3 setups (ie where White plays d3 + e4). I will be interested to see how he promotes an 'attacking' repertoire here.

IP Logged

tafl

Reply #10 - 09/09/07 at 18:27:16
Post Tools
Sverre's Chess Corner (http://sverreschesscorner.blogspot.com/) too reports that the book is not due to be available in at least a month.

A computer once beat me at chess but it was no match for me at kick boxing - Emo Philips

IP Logged

Mortal Games
God Member

Reply #9 - 09/06/07 at 15:20:30
Post Tools
Well, I receive a mail from Amazon.uk yesterday (because I have the book in my wish list) saying that it is possible to order the book. It is a bit strange that Amazon change the status of the book from not available to available in ten days. Thanks anyway, I will wait.

It has been said that chess players are good at two things, Chess and Excuses.  It has also been said that Chess is where all excuses fail! In order to win you must dare to fail!

IP Logged

IMJohnCox
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #8 - 09/06/07 at 14:57:39
Post Tools
I'm pretty sure this book's history. I'll ask the publisher to post here. I wouldn't pre-order it if I were you though.

IP Logged

Mortal Games
God Member

Reply #7 - 09/05/07 at 20:52:53
Post Tools
I have not information about this book, but I think it is possible to order it now from Amazon.uk and in Germany (Niggemann) say it was delayed till august 07 and I think in ten more days we have it.  Smiley

It has been said that chess players are good at two things, Chess and Excuses.  It has also been said that Chess is where all excuses fail! In order to win you must dare to fail!

IP Logged

cyronix
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 09/05/07 at 17:06:13
Post Tools
Mortal Games wrote on 09/05/07 at 13:59:59:
Good news, the book is out!  Smiley

good to know, the attacking repertoire for white was a quite good repertoire book.

btw, amazon has some info what is covered in the book:

Synopsis
Following the success of "An Attacking Repertoire for White" (ISBN 0713489103), Irish chess champion Sam Collins has provided club chess players with a comprehensive opening repertoire for Black. A practical and user-friendly guide to attacking lines, the material has been selected from modern master practice and many of the games have not been annotated before in chess literature. The lines covered include: Vs. 1.e4 - French Defence; Advance Variation - Matlak System; Tarrasch - 3...Nf6 with 11...Qc7; Main Line - Aremenian Variation; Vs. 1.d4 - Stonewall Dutch with...Bd6; and Vs. 1.c4 and 1.Nf3 - Stonewall Dutch formation. The current, well-annotated games appear alongside clear, easy-to-follow diagrams and a comprehensive bibliography.

IP Logged

Viceroy

Reply #5 - 09/05/07 at 15:38:24
Post Tools
Really Shocked

It's not listed on the Batsford site http://www.anovabooks.com/category/hobbies-pastimes-indoor-games

Though Amazon.uk save it's available in 10-13 days Huh

Do you have some inside info? I hope you're right as I've been looking out for this one for over a year

IP Logged

Mortal Games
God Member

Reply #4 - 09/05/07 at 13:59:59
Post Tools
Good news, the book is out!  Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo