Latest Updates:
Normal Topic Saemisch 6...c5 (Read 5686 times)
Lou_Cyber

"I didnīt understand that.
It must be true."

Re: Saemisch 6...c5
Reply #8 - 02/04/08 at 08:59:04
Post Tools
Hi again,

thanks for your suggestions. Meanwhile I subscribed to the KID section and a lot of my questions are indeed answered by the ebook and with reference to the annotated games.  Smiley

I still havenīt been able to find a lot of recent 6...c5 games, but this might happen because few GM play the Saemisch right now from the white side.

Sadly the line 7.d5 e6 etc. is treated as a transposition to the benoni, and this only covered in the benoni section in which i am not interested.  Embarrassed

I am still confirmed that the 6...c5 line is a very solid and (compared to 6....e5, 6...Nc6 etc.) easy theoretical option for black, at least as long as I donīt have to play for a win. After reading your comments I doubt whether itīs worthwile to buy a book on it right now, at least not if it doesnīt include the benoni transpositions.

Lou

If you try, you may lose. If you donīt try, you have lost.

IP Logged

DoubledPawns

1.a3 e5 2.Nc3 Ba3 3.Ne4
Bf8 4.Ra5 Ke7 5.Re5#

Reply #7 - 02/04/08 at 05:43:26
Post Tools
LeeRoth wrote on 02/04/08 at 05:04:39:
Jeremy Silman gives the new Saemisch Uncovered book a resounding thumbs down, in part because of its coverage of the ..c5 line.  See his site for the review.  

Do you have the link to his site?

I noticed that some King's Indian books don't cover the 6...c5 variation in much detail. Some examples are Golubev's "Understanding the King's Indian" (though his excellent coverage of the Panno Variation more than offset this) and Martin's KID Battle Plans, while a notable exception was Gallagher's "Play the KID".

Personally I think that 6...c5 is probably objectively best out of Black's options against the Samisch, but Black has to be familiar with the Benoni, which is complicated and not as easy to understand as Black compared to other openings.

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something - Plato

IP Logged

LeeRoth
God Member

I love ChessPublishing.com!

Reply #6 - 02/04/08 at 05:04:39
Post Tools
Jeremy Silman gives the new Saemisch Uncovered book a resounding thumbs down, in part because of its coverage of the ..c5 line.  See his site for the review.

IP Logged

kylemeister
God Member

Reply #5 - 02/03/08 at 05:57:09
Post Tools
Puts me in mind of the classic disaster Spassky-Evans ...

IP Logged

Bibs
YaBB Moderator

Reply #4 - 02/03/08 at 05:45:12
Post Tools
I think Grivas gave some stuff on Saemisch ...a6 ... c6 line somewhere. CBM? or a NIC review. I forget.
Postpone castling was I think the moral of his tale.

IP Logged

DoubledPawns

1.a3 e5 2.Nc3 Ba3 3.Ne4
Bf8 4.Ra5 Ke7 5.Re5#

Reply #3 - 02/03/08 at 03:43:32
Post Tools
If you are looking for something quick and easy against the Samisch, you can play the ...c6 and ...a6 setup, with the idea of ...b5, and if White plays a4, you play ...a5, usually followed by ...e5. The ideas are fairly easy to understand, but the disadvantage is that White is a bit better in most of the variations (e.g. 6...c6 7.Qd2 a6 8.Nge2 b5 9.Ng3 and White's space advantage and better development give him a slight edge.

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something - Plato

IP Logged

Lou_Cyber

It must be true."

Reply #2 - 01/08/08 at 09:53:43
Post Tools
I did, but he gives only one game with 6...c5 and concentrates on the 10.Ba3 variation after accepting the gambit. Thatīll do, but what happens after something like 7.dxc dxc 8.e5, 7.Sge2 or 7.d5?

I might browse through various threads or even subscribe to the KID section, but I would still be missing some good advice on the 6..c5 line. Therefore I am looking for something written to start work prior to looking in databases etc..

Lou

IP Logged

Matemax
God Member

Chesspub gives you strength!

Reply #1 - 01/07/08 at 15:53:08
Post Tools
Quote:
following the recent book of Golubev

Have a look at game 42 in Golubevs book  Smiley

IP Logged

Lou_Cyber

It must be true."

Saemisch 6...c5
01/04/08 at 17:56:01
Post Tools
Hello everybody,

one of my new years pledges is to beef up my KID in the Saemisch variation, so please help me out.

So far I have played the modern variation with 6....Nc6 following the recent book of Golubev. My enthusiasm for this line has almost vanished after two lost games last fall. Now I am willing to accept that this line is under theoretical pressure.

So I want to study the 6....c5 variation, as seems to be the least theory compared to the 6...e5 variation and others. I know it is known to have a drawish tendency, but on my level the better player (the one who doesnīt play the last patzer move) should have good chances
to win.

Which book might be best for this task? So far I only know Gallaghers book (Play the KID) deals with c5 lines, and there is the new book from Everyman In an older thread I found a reference to a book of Ward. What would you recommend from the black side of KID?

Lou

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo