Latest Updates:
Normal Topic The last 2 updates on the London System (Read 2488 times)
Anonymous
Ex Member

Re: The last 2 updates on the London System
Reply #2 - 01/26/08 at 20:27:15
Post Tools
Sorry, Im not a subscriber (yet) so I wasn't able to see the actually games with all the notes.

IP Logged

GMEricPrie

"The most simple moves
are the less complicated"

Re: The last 2 updates on the London System
Reply #1 - 01/26/08 at 10:20:53
Post Tools
First of all, I find advisable to examine an opening from the games and NOT from the e-book.
The way I prepare my updates, for the subscribers...is especially thought to facilitate that task.
Second, an "update" is designed to...update things! And not repeat what has been treated before when there has been no significant change about it.

Then, one may notice that all the important, though not critical, questions above have already been treated in notes, not in proper games :
7...Qb6(?!) in Kovacevic-Moreno, 7.Nh4 in Huppertz-Roelli, and 7.Qb5, already mentionned as soon as 2006, was extensively upgraded in Atalik-Smeets...2 days ago.

To which extent should the PDF e-books go and for what service, is another more pertinent question I will converse with the boss some time.  

Unfortunately, as I have written before, there is not much good in the 1.d4 d5 2.Bf4, Black c5 with the Bc8 alive, chapter in the aforementionned book.
I found more interesting the things there about the 'over-represented' early e7-e6 Bc8 shut-in policy.  

IP Logged

Anonymous
Ex Member

The last 2 updates on the London System
01/25/08 at 03:17:10
Post Tools
I have several questions about the last two updates on the London System.

After 1 d4 d5 2 Bf4 c5 3 e3 Nc6 4 4 c3 Nf6 5 Nd2 Bf5 6 Nf3 e6 7 Qb3 the only moves that are covered are 7... Qd7 and 7... Qc8 and it is showed that white can get an edge against hese moves. What's wrong with 7...Qb6?

After 1 d4 d5 2 Bf4 c5 3 e3 Nc6 4 4 c3 Nf6 5 Nd2 Bf5 6 Nf3 Qb6, the only move that is covered is 7 Qb3 and it is showed that black can equalize against these moves. What's wrong with Win With the London System's recommendation 7 Nh4!? Bd7 8 Qb3?

After 1 d4 d5 2 Bf4 c5 3 e3 Nc6 4 4 c3 Nf6 5 Nd2 Bf5 6 Qb3 Qd7 7 Ngf3 c4, the only move that is covered is 8 Qd1 and it is showed that black can equalize against it. What's wrong with Win With the London System's recommendation 8 Qb5?

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo