Latest Updates:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) The Easiest Sicilian (Read 78631 times)
Ametanoitos
God Member

The road to success is
under construction

Re: The Easiest Sicilian
Reply #34 - 04/17/08 at 12:53:06
Post Tools
You cannot claim the history, the language or the name of another nation (that brought the lights to the Western Civilation) as yours. We are proud about the Alexander the Great the Macedonian who conquered and civilized the ancient world who of course was not a Slav but a Greek! But now everyone when hears the word "Macedonian" don't think of ancient Greeks but a Slav nation! Can 1,5 million people (that are Slavs) decide to call themselves Macedonians, that speak Macedonian and come directly from the Ancient Macedonians (which is the most ridiculus claim of course!) and 7 million people who really are Macedonians do nothing?  What about them?

And what about the claims that they want the "whole" Macedonia to get free (meaning to unite the Greek Macedonia and some small regions in Bulgaria and Albania.) Maybe you have not a problem, but i have a problem when my neighbors raise their chlids and make them believe that they are a nation who's most part is slave to Greece or Bulgaria or i don't know who else...

If someone want to be a part of the EU or the NATO or the UN or any other international organization ,has to respect the other participants.  We respect our neighbors and (although that is wrong, because their historical name is "Vardarska" or something like that...) we let them have in their name the word "Macedonia", but in a way that all the other people can seperate them from the ancient Greek nation of the Macedonia. What is wrong with that? And don't tell me that the Netherlands have such deep historical backgrounds!

IP Logged

MNb
God Member

Rudolf Spielmann forever

Reply #33 - 04/17/08 at 03:02:21
Post Tools
Ametanoitos wrote on 04/11/08 at 23:31:26:
Macedonia is a Greek name. Alexander the Greak spoke Greek. The Macedonians speak only Greek 3000 years now! There is not such a language as Macedonian! If i go to England and live there and i speak Greek in 200-300 years i'll tell everybody that my language is called "Londonian?", that's ridicullus! There are more than 6 million people in Greece that are living in a region called Macedonia in Greece and some Slavs want to persuade the whole world to believe they are the true Macedonians! How is it posible a minority to claim the whole?

Compare
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holland%2C_Lincolnshire

You won't hear complain us people from Holland (either Northern, Southern or from the rest of the country officially called The Netherlands) about this. I don't really get what the fuzz is about. But I am pretty sure you will for always prefer The Netherlands to Holland from now on.
"There is not such a language as Macedonian!"
A bit arrogant to decide for more than 1,5 million people (mainly living in FYROM or Slav-Macedonia or North-Macedonia or whatever), don't you think? Like Germans saying that a language called Dutch does not exist or Dutchies saying that a language called Frisian does not exist.
Let me tell you that one of the ideas of the EU is to grow over silly problems like this. For example hardly anyone knows anymore that The Netherlands has border conflicts with both Germany and Belgium.

The book had the effect good books usually have: it made the stupids more stupid, the intelligent more intelligent and the other thousands of readers remained unchanged.
GC Lichtenberg

IP Logged

toyomi
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #32 - 04/17/08 at 00:56:52
Post Tools
Hi, i am rather new to the tournament chess (less than 1 year)

I bought both of the books "the safest and the sharpest". I would like to pointout that this books not only help to learn a specific opening, but also learn to play better chess in general.

These books I have been recommend by a strong Master togheter with the book of Nimzowitch "my system". After studying hard this books I belive that this books (above all the commented games by such strong player) the starchess books helped me more to improve my chess than the famouse "my system book".

The title may seem funy but if somebody like to work hard to improve this books will help. At least I will buy the next one as well even if the title is "the most masochistic sicilian"

IP Logged

Chevalier

Reply #31 - 04/12/08 at 03:11:08
Post Tools
A more accurate title would probably be "the Easiest Fashionable Sicilian", although obviously this title is not as catchy.

I can assure you that the Sveshnikov is not easy - it took me quite a few years to master it.

Nothing has meaning or value other than the meaning and value that you give it.

IP Logged

Ametanoitos
God Member

The road to success is
under construction

Reply #30 - 04/11/08 at 23:31:26
Post Tools
Macedonia is a Greek name. Alexander the Greak spoke Greek. The Macedonians speak only Greek 3000 years now! There is not such a language as Macedonian! If i go to England and live there and i speak Greek in 200-300 years i'll tell everybody that my language is called "Londonian?", that's ridicullus! There are more than 6 million people in Greece that are living in a region called Macedonia in Greece and some Slavs want to persuade the whole world to believe they are the true Macedonians! How is it posible a minority to claim the whole?

How is it possible that the Sveshnikov is the "Easiest Sicilian"? I love the Svesh, i'm going to buy the book as i have done to some other exchellent books of the Chess Stars who have a high quality! But, such titles (and such ridicullus claims by FYROM) i'm afraid that are playing with our intelligence! I say again, i'm not commending on the content of the book, which i expect to be excellent, but on it's title.

IP Logged

Uberdecker
God Member

Reply #29 - 04/09/08 at 10:36:02
Post Tools
JEH wrote on 04/03/08 at 21:05:28:
Hmm, I wonder what's coming next in this series?

The Craziest Sicilian?
The Stupidest Sicilian?
The Coolest Sicilian?

The most underated Sicilian ? 2. ...Qc7.

IP Logged

boki

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #28 - 04/08/08 at 21:48:25
Post Tools
I personaly cannot wait to see the book, as the quality of the sicilian books was excellent. And the sveschnikov is an excellent opening

IP Logged

Dink Heckler
God Member

Love-Forty

Reply #27 - 04/08/08 at 14:15:22
Post Tools
The Sveshnikov is easy, in the sense that play is quite straightforward, tends to be very thematic, and there are few mysterious maneuvers / move order nuances / subtle reorganisations compared with other mainstream Sicilians. So I think the title is apt.

'Am I any good at tactics?'
'Computer says No!'

IP Logged

Holbox

Saigón Café

Reply #26 - 04/08/08 at 13:53:58
Post Tools
Quote:
Not fully:
1.e4 c5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.d4 cd4 4.Nd4 Nf6 5.Nc3 e6 and now White may also try (apart from 6.Nbd5):

a) 6.Nc6
b) 6.Be2
c) 6.a3

What I mean is that all the anti-sicilians are shared between the two repertoires..., that's a lot of work..., and, even more, is black the one which chooses where to go! Smiley

"Ladran, luego cabalgamos", NN

IP Logged

Matemax
God Member

Chesspub gives you strength!

Reply #25 - 04/08/08 at 12:44:58
Post Tools
Quote:
One interesting thing about the two knights is that is fully compatible with the Sveshnikov move order as far as I can see.

Not fully:
1.e4 c5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.d4 cd4 4.Nd4 Nf6 5.Nc3 e6 and now White may also try (apart from 6.Nbd5):

a) 6.Nc6
b) 6.Be2
c) 6.a3

with interesting play

IP Logged

Holbox

Saigón Café

Reply #24 - 04/08/08 at 12:23:52
Post Tools
I believed that the easiest sicilian was the four knights, explained a bit in the Raetsky book, meeting 1e4. One interesting thing about the two knights is that is fully compatible with the Sveshnikov move order as far as I can see.

"Ladran, luego cabalgamos", NN

IP Logged

Matemax
God Member

Chesspub gives you strength!

Reply #23 - 04/08/08 at 10:56:31
Post Tools
Quote:
Kozul doing a Classical Sicilian repertoire would be wonderful; the "Kozul Suicide Variation" (Richter-Rauzer 7...a6 8.0-0-0 Bd7 9.f4 b5) covered by the master himself!

Yes - suicide in chess is easy, I will buy the book for my WHITE repertoire   Grin

IP Logged

Stigma
God Member

There is a crack in everything.

Reply #22 - 04/08/08 at 10:36:13
Post Tools
MilenPetrov wrote on 04/08/08 at 06:19:03:
Speaking about the Classical Sicilian also Kozul, Wells and Yermolinsky are good candidates for authors i think.

Kozul doing a Classical Sicilian repertoire would be wonderful; the "Kozul Suicide Variation" (Richter-Rauzer 7...a6 8.0-0-0 Bd7 9.f4 b5) covered by the master himself!

But I'm not sure he is wise to reveal his analysis while still playing the line against GM opposition; as Yermolinsky wrote Black is taking a huge amount of risk. In Yermo's Explained book too, we can read between the lines that he is holding back some new ideas for Black there, since all his lines end in a White advantage. Unless he has actually given up the line, that is.

Improvement begins at the edge of your comfort zone. -Jonathan Rowson

IP Logged

Willempie
God Member

I love ChessPublishing
.com!

Reply #21 - 04/08/08 at 08:55:03
Post Tools
MNb wrote on 04/07/08 at 22:46:09:
I can't help frowning when the Svesj is called The Easiest Sicilian.

Well it is rather thematic and has very few sidelines (or main lines). I think there are 3 or 4 main lines and they deviate quite late. Compare this with the other sicilians with their Yugoslav/English attacks, Sozins, Karpov approaches and Bg5 or Bd3 lines.

If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through.

IP Logged

ANDREW BRETT
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #20 - 04/08/08 at 07:52:01
Post Tools
Just on the Sveshnikov- just noticed a lot of Russian games with white doing well with nd5 be7 bf6 bf6 and c4 . This seems quite a good choice as Black doesn't get to attack so much !

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo