Latest Updates:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) The Easiest Sicilian (Read 78632 times)
Novosibirsk

Chess is my life!

Re: The Easiest Sicilian
Reply #49 - 04/26/08 at 20:30:35
Post Tools
This sounds very good!!  I have just learned a lesson from the past.
Should I buy the book immediately or should I wait 6 months for the second edition ?

“I don’t play chess anymore, I play Fischer Random. It is a much better game, more challenge. Chess is a dead game, it is played out. Fischer Random is a version of chess that I developed or invented.
IP Logged

Semko

I love ChessPublishing.com!

Reply #48 - 04/26/08 at 19:37:01
Post Tools
Matemax, I'm confused, too, from the variety of books I see on the market.  We try to keep our titles down to 4-5 per year and publish a book only when the author has something valuable to say. It so happened that I got an interesting proposition from Kolev which competes with Khalifman's Anand 10. Actually, the two books overlap in only one chapter (about 10 pages). We do not try to impose any standpoint on our readers, so it is up to you to solve your dilemma. I suspect, that there is no absolute truth about the variations proposed in both books. Some players will feel comfortably with Khalifman's treatment, others will be happy as Black. The Easiest Sicilian will try to convert more non-Sveshnikov players to Black's camp.

IP Logged

TonyRo
God Member

I'm gonna crack your skull!

Reply #47 - 04/23/08 at 14:58:10
Post Tools
Bibs wrote on 04/23/08 at 07:58:42:
To translate for those unfamiliar with skateboard-speak.

'sick' = good.

Thanks Bibs, sometimes I forget that not everyone talks surfer. Cheesy

IP Logged

Keano
God Member

Money doesn't talk, it
swears.

Reply #46 - 04/23/08 at 08:05:34
Post Tools
Makes perfect sense to me

IP Logged

Bibs
God Member

Reply #45 - 04/23/08 at 07:58:42
Post Tools
To translate for those unfamiliar with skateboard-speak.

'sick' = good.

IP Logged

TonyRo
God Member

I'm gonna crack your skull!

Reply #44 - 04/23/08 at 01:44:38
Post Tools
Man this book looks like it's gonna be sick.

IP Logged

Lou_Cyber

"I didn´t understand that.
It must be true."

Reply #43 - 04/22/08 at 13:50:40
Post Tools
On schachversand.de you can find a .pdf source with the contents and the foreword. Yes it is the Svesh all over and against the Rossolimo 3.Bb5 Nf6.

If you try, you may lose. If you don´t try, you have lost.

IP Logged

Matemax
God Member

Chesspub gives you strength!

Reply #42 - 04/22/08 at 13:38:55
Post Tools
Dear publisher Chess stars!

So what now?

Should I believe Khalifman proves an edge against the Sveshnikov?

or

Should I believe the Sveshnikov is easy to play and hopefully not losing?

I mean within 3 month Chess Stars brings out two books on the Sveshnikov - one claiming the white side, the other one showing blacks.

I feel confused  Huh

Quote:
The authors propose major novelties in practically all topical lines. The repertoire avoids solid, but passive variations. They are left for backup lines while the authors' recommendation goes for the most challenging options.

Hmm - so they got the Khalifman book and worked it over to make a black repertoire?

I am really confused  Shocked

But I am open for a good answer  Smiley

IP Logged

Mortal Games
God Member

Reply #41 - 04/22/08 at 11:12:53
Post Tools
Here is the cover of the book (and an apologise is nice too, because as an old gold member who started this thread, a bit of respect is nice, and I am not coming to foruns to tell lies or invent things. I sugest that before someone starts to attack me in the future, it is better to first see my history of posts on the forum or investigate the new books first. A private message is another option).

The book presents a Black repertoire with 1 e4 c5 2 Nf3 Nc6, based on the most aggressive Sveshnikov lines. It also covers The Rossolimo (3 Bb5) and Alapin (3 c3). The material is up-to-date to April 10. The authors propose major novelties in practically all topical lines. The repertoire avoids solid, but passive variations. They are left for backup lines while the authors' recommendation goes for the most challenging options. "Currently I do not see any serious theoretical problems for Black" claims Kolev in the foreword. In the Rossolimo the authors also share completely new ideas, developed by them.

The book as a chapter on the Rossolimo (3.Bb5) and rare lines 3.c3 and 3.Cc3 Cf6 e5 too.
I am very much looking forward to this book!

It has been said that chess players are good at two things, Chess and Excuses.  It has also been said that Chess is where all excuses fail! In order to win you must dare to fail!

IP Logged

Ametanoitos
God Member

The road to success is
under construction

Reply #40 - 04/22/08 at 08:30:13
Post Tools
I apologise about our "historical" conversation with MNb. Semko is wright, this is not the proper place for it.
  As for the book, i assume that there will be coverage not only in the Svesh suff but on the Anti-Svesh also? We'll find out soon. The "problem" is that Chess Stars published an anti-Sveshnikov (that of Khalifman series) and a Sveshnikov book in short time, makind the Khalifman book dated so soon! (I remember also the issue about the recent 1b book of Kramnik series got dated by some Radjabov novelties....). I guess this phenomeno is unavoidable in the modern chess times!

IP Logged

The_Shah
YaBB Newbies

J'adore l'echecs!

Reply #39 - 04/21/08 at 22:29:22
Post Tools
I am very much looking forward to this book! It's already been a year since the last book on the Sveshnikov was published...

IP Logged

Semko

I love ChessPublishing.com!

Reply #38 - 04/21/08 at 15:08:10
Post Tools
The book is being printed and will be ready in a couple of days. I'll put the index of variations at our site maybe tomorrow. I cannot remeber another Chess Stars book with so many major novelties in it. I t is early to say how many of them will survive the test of practice, but the authors have tried their best.
Please,moderator, sweep out the "historical stuff" from this thread. I have a diploma in history, but I would discuss such topics in other forums. Thanks.

IP Logged

Legion XIX
YaBB Newbies

Reply #37 - 04/18/08 at 22:34:20
Post Tools
Returning to the forthcoming book "The Easiest Sicilian": What do you think the authors will recommend against the most fashionable variation against the Sveshnikov, 9.Nd5? It will be interesting to see where they improve over Khalifman's excellent analyses in OFWATA 10.

IP Logged

Ametanoitos
God Member

The road to success is
under construction

Reply #36 - 04/18/08 at 21:55:32
Post Tools
Maybe my English doesn't help to express exactly what i want to say. Sad

People from FYROM do claim that Alexander the Great was not a Greek (they have named their airport after him!) and they present some biogenetical research that has come to such a conclusion! (researches that have no serious scientific backgroung).They don't claim that they are speaking Greek, but "Macedonian", a language that every serious glossologist can say that doesn't exist! Their language is a mix of Bulgarian and Serbian and the historical Macedonian language is one of the oldest forms of the Ancient Greek (that of course are not completelly different that modern Greek!)
  There is no way that a philosopher like Aristotelis would ever go to teach a "Barbarian". Athenians and other Greek considered Macedonians Greek as well, and that is well known.

Quote:
Have you done statistical analysis in FYROM/Slav Macedonia to support such a ridiculous statement?

Not a statistical analysis, but discussions with some "Slav-Macedonians" who are studing at Greek univercities that i study also. They are worried about this phenomeno also.

So my friend, at the bottom line,you think that Greece is right because we want the FYROM to be called "Slav/Nothern Macedonia" or something like that and they are wrong because thay want to be called"Macedonia" only! These serious issues can be solved with proper knowledge of history (about Netherland also), which i think that the most of people in Europe doesn't care (about history).

IP Logged

MNb
God Member

Rudolf Spielmann forever

Reply #35 - 04/18/08 at 02:12:00
Post Tools
Ametanoitos wrote on 04/17/08 at 12:53:06:
You cannot claim the history, the language or the name of another nation (that brought the lights to the Western Civilation) as yours. We are proud about the Alexander the Great the Macedonian who conquered and civilized the ancient world who of course was not a Slav but a Greek!

Shame on many Western-Europeans then, as we claim Greek history at our schools as well. I am not aware of any inhabitant of FYROM etc. claiming they are speaking Greek. As far as I know this is the official language of Hellas (in Dutch called Griekenland btw, shame on us again) and was the language of that area some 2500 years ago, though completely different from Modern Greek. Neither am I aware of anyone anywhere in the world claiming Alexander the Great not being Greek. It is interesting though that his contemporary fellow-Greeks in Athens and other cities did recognize him as a Greek.

But now everyone when hears the word "Macedonian" don't think of ancient Greeks but a Slav nation!

Well, the civilians of Athens etc. did not think of Greeks either when hearing the word "Macedonian"! They thought of "barbarians".
Can 1,5 million people (that are Slavs) decide to call themselves Macedonians, that speak Macedonian and come directly from the Ancient Macedonians (which is the most ridiculus claim of course!) and 7 million people who really are Macedonians do nothing?  What about them?

Yes, yes, no (their ancestors arrived in the Middle Ages), no (why?), call themselves Greek-Macedonians (or South Macedonians) and the others Slav-Macedonians (or Northern Macedonians).

And what about the claims that they want the "whole" Macedonia to get free (meaning to unite the Greek Macedonia and some small regions in Bulgaria and Albania.)

One of the demands of becoming member of the EU is solving problems like this peacefully. In the same way The Netherlands, Belgium and Germany deal with their disputes and claims. Greece/Hellas is a member of both the EU and the NATO. If FYROM/Macedonia ever gets the ridiculous idea to conquer Greek/South Macedonia and the other regions by force it will suffer like Serbia not too long ago. At the other hand I don't think North/Slav-Macedonian idiots dreaming of a Greater Slav Macedonia will give up their foolish ideas if the rest of the world starts calling this country Vardarska, a name that gives my tongue severe problems.

Maybe you have not a problem, but i have a problem when my neighbors raise their chlids and make them believe that they are a nation who's most part is slave to Greece or Bulgaria or i don't know who else...

Have you done statistical analysis in FYROM/Slav Macedonia to support such a ridiculous statement?

If someone want to be a part of the EU or the NATO or the UN or any other international organization ,has to respect the other participants.

Sure, so no changes of borders. Accepting this idea is mandatory for Macedonia and there is nobody in the EU or NATO (probably not even in Turkey, that other old enemy) who is willing to give this up

We respect our neighbors and (although that is wrong, because their historical name is "Vardarska" or something like that...) we let them have in their name the word "Macedonia", but in a way that all the other people can seperate them from the ancient Greek nation of the Macedonia. What is wrong with that?

Nothing. That's why I did proposals like Slav-Macedonia and North Macedonia.

And don't tell me that The Netherlands have such deep historical backgrounds!

It has. It is just that civilization started a few ages later, about 2000 years ago when the Romans occupied the southern part of the country. But Dutchies usually do not make a fuzz about it, though there are some Dutch idiots as well (and this time I am not thinking of Wilders). Heck, we don't even make problems about the fact that English speaking people could not seperate The Netherlands (their inhabitants are officially called Nederlanders) from Germany! The people from that country call themselves Deutsche, from which the word Dutch is derived. And WW-2 is far more recent than the time some Slav tribes conquered North-Macedonia, so the Dutch have better reasons to feel hurt being called Dutch and not Netherlandish than the Greek by some Slav people calling themselves Macedonians.

Before anybody starts complaing about hijacking:  Lips Sealed

The book had the effect good books usually have: it made the stupids more stupid, the intelligent more intelligent and the other thousands of readers remained unchanged.
GC Lichtenberg

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo