Latest Updates:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) The Easiest Sicilian (Read 78630 times)
drkodos
God Member

I see....stars.

Re: The Easiest Sicilian
Reply #79 - 05/01/08 at 19:06:22
Post Tools
Novosibirsk wrote on 05/01/08 at 18:53:30:
So incredibly superiour you are Semko! Your the leading chesspublisher of the world right now.

True.

I must also agree with an earlier post that a book on the KID would be fantastic. What about this title :

"The Kings Indian strikes back!!"     Smiley
Smiley

Excellent title. 

The line is forming.   Smiley

I know I've made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal. I've still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission.

IP Logged

Semko

I love ChessPublishing.com!

Reply #78 - 05/01/08 at 19:02:51
Post Tools
[quote author=Semko link=1207245342/60#71 date=1209542503] What about this title :

I will disclose a secret: Nedev wanted a book "The Novosibirsk strikes back!!" I'm sure you would love that! But, alas, The Novosibirsk variation ended up in the back closet of The Easiest Sicilian. But of course I'm already thinking about "The Kings Indian strikes back"

IP Logged

Novosibirsk

Chess is my life!

Reply #77 - 05/01/08 at 18:53:30
Post Tools
Semko wrote on 04/30/08 at 08:01:43:
We expect from Mikhalcishin/Beliavsky a book on The Petrosian System against the Queen's Indian - 4.a3.
We also plan a sharp Black repertoire against 1 d4, based on the Vienna Variation. The book will include also a sharp repertoire against the Catalan. But it is still on the drawing board.

So incredibly superiour you are Semko! Your the leading chesspublisher of the world right now.

I must also agree with an earlier post that a book on the KID would be fantastic. What about this title :

One of  your book I really love is the repertoire book based on Karpov as black. But its time for a second edition here.

Some parts can be deeper. The chapter on the english opening could have somtheing on Kostens move order

1.c4 e5 2. g3!?

Or why not a repertoire book . Karpov as white ??

Another wish I have from Ches Star opening is a very strong and annoying Bb5  repertoire against hte sicilian.

I ask about much but I will always be hungry on chessbooks  Smiley

“I don’t play chess anymore, I play Fischer Random. It is a much better game, more challenge. Chess is a dead game, it is played out. Fischer Random is a version of chess that I developed or invented.
IP Logged

A-Tong
YaBB Newbies

Hell is not punishment,
it's training

Available
Reply #76 - 05/01/08 at 09:05:15
Post Tools
The book is now available. Cheesy

hic fuit

IP Logged

Matemax
God Member

Chesspub gives you strength!

Reply #75 - 04/30/08 at 17:09:17
Post Tools
Semko wrote on 04/30/08 at 14:07:38:
When Rajabov tells me he wants to write a book on the KID, I'll let you know...

Did you ever ask him? You know: "You dont get what you dont ask for" - Khasimdzanov would be an promising alternative. Get it going - I´ll buy it  Smiley

IP Logged

LeeRoth
God Member

Reply #74 - 04/30/08 at 16:23:43
Post Tools
Semko wrote on 04/29/08 at 18:44:52:
Novosibirsk wrote on 04/26/08 at 20:30:35:
Should I buy the book immediately or should I wait 6 months for the second edition ?

In both cases you will be absolutely up-to-date.

Now that is a great response.  This may well be my new favorite post.

Smiley

IP Logged

Semko

Reply #73 - 04/30/08 at 14:07:38
Post Tools
When Rajabov tells me he wants to write a book on the KID, I'll let you know...

IP Logged

Bibs
God Member

Reply #72 - 04/30/08 at 08:57:31
Post Tools
Look forward to the Sveshnikov repertoire text and to the Vienna repertoire tome too.

Plaudits on the continuing high standard of output by your company. Impressive.

Regarding earlier comments, I do think a KID book  would sell well, so perhaps an idea for Chess Stars to consider...?

Mik/Bel haven't received very good reviews thus far so hope the editing hand is a firm one there.

Nice reply to Novisibirsk by the way.

best,
Bibs

IP Logged

Semko

Reply #71 - 04/30/08 at 08:01:43
Post Tools
We expect from Mikhalcishin/Beliavsky a book on The Petrosian System against the Queen's Indian - 4.a3.
We also plan a sharp Black repertoire against 1 d4, based on the Vienna Variation. The book will include also a sharp repertoire against the Catalan. But it is still on the drawing board.

IP Logged

TonyRo
God Member

I'm gonna crack your skull!

Reply #70 - 04/29/08 at 22:39:41
Post Tools
I echo someone else's sentiments when I say a great 1. d4 book would be awesome, preferably something sharp like the KID or Grunfeld. A new KID book is definitely needed anyway, all the KID books were written before Radjabov really brought it back, at least in my eyes.

IP Logged

boki

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #69 - 04/29/08 at 22:18:15
Post Tools
I am quite shure the book is excellent. Chess stars has produced so far the finest opening books available. Woulb be interesting which book was written by Beljavski/Michaltschisin. Any other books planed?

IP Logged

Semko

Reply #68 - 04/29/08 at 18:44:52
Post Tools
Novosibirsk wrote on 04/26/08 at 20:30:35:
Should I buy the book immediately or should I wait 6 months for the second edition ?

In both cases you will be absolutely up-to-date.

IP Logged

Semko

Reply #67 - 04/29/08 at 18:27:47
Post Tools
I was curious to see Spasov's variations. They seem dated about as much as Rogozenko's book on the Sveshnikov and recommend in many topical lines things, that The Easiest Sicilian writes to be bad. The first example I saw was the game:

Almasi,Z (2650) - Shirov,A (2726) [B33]
Bundesliga 2004-5 Porz GER (6), 12.12.2004

1.e4 c5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.d4 cxd4 4.Nxd4 Nf6 5.Nc3 e5 6.Ndb5 d6 7.Bg5 a6 8.Na3 b5 9.Bxf6 gxf6 10.Nd5 f5 11.Bd3 Be6 12.c3 Bg7 13.Nxb5 axb5 14.Bxb5 Bd7 15.exf5 0-0 16.0-0 Kh8!? 17.a4 f6...
The Easiest Sicilian proposes a totally new plan, because the one of the game is dubious.
I will leave the comparisons to the readers, because we try to produce other good books, too, and I'm rather busy.
To put an end to Spasov's insinuations, I will say that Chess Stars signs contracts with the authors and pays an advance from 6 months to even 2 years (as with Dreev's book) before a book is finally printed.
Now we expect a book from A. Mikhalcishin and A. Beliavsky and I hope that some of their club friends will not claim a part of the authorshiop.

IP Logged

Semko

Reply #66 - 04/29/08 at 16:55:30
Post Tools
spasov wrote on 04/28/08 at 20:08:46:
A long time ago I was approached by GM Kolev for working on a book about Sveshnikov. I was surprised when my name as a cooauthor of the this book dissappeared a couple of months ago. I was working with Kolev on the variations and some months ago I was eliminated as an author of the book. So, I decided to publish some of the work we have done together on this book. Here are the PGN files (because of restrictions i will post them in 5 posts.
GM Vasil Spasov

The truth is quite different: GM Spasov has never spoken (or written) to me - the publisher - in the last 10 or more years. Kolev himself proposed him as a coauthor more than a year ago since they used to analyse together these systems. Then last summer Kolev  complained that GM Spasov, who probably has not published a word in his life, was too lazy to write anything and was useless as an author. Then he started looking for a more conscientious worker and chose GM Nedev. That was in July 2007. Since then the book began taking shape, a lot of novelties have been discovered to meet Khalifman's idea and also Anand's idea in Linares. I was in constant touch with the authors, we analysed together as I'm an exigent editor, and I can assure you that Spasov has nothing to do with at least the most important parts of the book. Of course if I knew that he felt bitter, I would have cleared things before printing. But obviously, Spasov was too lazy even to leave me a message. 
Now you can better understand why we published 2 books on the Sveshnikov - because it is so difficult to find serious, thorough authors, that we cannot define beforehand our publishing plans. We take any valuable material, when it shows up.

IP Logged

Antillian
God Member

Brilliance without dazzle!

Reply #65 - 04/29/08 at 11:57:29
Post Tools
Chevalier wrote on 04/29/08 at 07:30:07:
I have also downloaded these pgn.files of GM Spasov's. Interestingly, if these 5 files are merged into the one database, and then all the games are selected, followed by the command "Print Selection", then it would take 47 pages to print out all the information in these files, excluding diagrams.

The annotations are mainly Informator-style, with very little prose. This has the disadvantage that players at the lower-rated end of the market may find the material too advanced, but the advantage of much more detailed analyse more than compensates for this.

The only reason I can find for Kolev's controversial decision to exclude Spasov from recognition of his co-authorship in the book is the complete lack of games from 2007 in his game selection, but in my opinion this is not a serious issue, given that Sveshnikov theory has not changed tremendously in the past year.

A very bizarre decision by Kolev indeed...

There is an old biblical proverb: "The first to present his case seems right"

"Breakthrough results come about by a series of good decisions, diligently executed and accumulated one on top of another." Jim Collins --- Good to Great

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo