Latest Updates:
Normal Topic London System Question (Read 2565 times)
nyoke
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Re: London System Question
Reply #4 - 04/21/08 at 07:55:28
Post Tools
Or it could be that he considers the trade-off (a pawn for 'play') unclear, and simply a matter of taste/preference/bias...

IP Logged

MNb
God Member

Rudolf Spielmann forever

Reply #3 - 04/21/08 at 01:52:32
Post Tools
No, I meant that I don't know. Sorry for the misunderstanding. How can I know what GM Prie knows? And why should a GM know about every single position? Still, consering the fact that GM Prie specializes on this opening for Chesspub I think option 1 indeed is the least likely.

The book had the effect good books usually have: it made the stupids more stupid, the intelligent more intelligent and the other thousands of readers remained unchanged.
GC Lichtenberg

IP Logged

Anonymous
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 04/19/08 at 22:59:40
Post Tools
MNb wrote on 04/19/08 at 21:00:01:
It means that he does not want to give you a clear cut answer. The reason might be:
1. he does not know;
2. he wants you to decide for yourself;
3. he does not feel like finding out.

For me option 1 applies.

You think he does not know? He is a GM, he should be able to known if this position is ok for white!

IP Logged

MNb
God Member

Rudolf Spielmann forever

Reply #1 - 04/19/08 at 21:00:01
Post Tools
It means that he does not want to give you a clear cut answer. The reason might be:
1. he does not know;
2. he wants you to decide for yourself;
3. he does not feel like finding out.

For me option 1 applies.

The book had the effect good books usually have: it made the stupids more stupid, the intelligent more intelligent and the other thousands of readers remained unchanged.
GC Lichtenberg

IP Logged

Anonymous
Ex Member

London System Question
04/19/08 at 06:38:09
Post Tools
After 1 d4 d5 2 Bf4 Bf5 3 c4 dxc4 4.Nc3 Nf6 5.f3 c6 6.e4 Be6 Eric Prie told me "when you have to realize this is a real gambit proably inferior to Mamedyarov-Kamsky M-Tel Sofia 2007 because of the bishop on f4 hampering the key manoeuvre Ne2-f4!" I asked Eric Prie if this line is ok for white and he said "A pawn is a pawn and a gambit remains a gambit which is not of everyone's taste, on either side of the board by the way".

First of all, what the hell does his response mean?

Second, is this line ok for white?

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo