Latest Updates:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Most critical line agains the PIRC? (Read 10652 times)
Keano
God Member

Money doesn't talk, it
swears.

Re: Most critical line agains the PIRC?
Reply #3 - 04/28/08 at 08:03:11
Post Tools
There are about 5 or 6 "critical" lines against Pirc, which makes the play very "interesting" for Black. I am half-serious though, and dont get me wrong I think the Pirc is an excellent weapon for playing for the win - just be warned it is not exactly the safest opening in the bag.
Austrian, Be3 systems with or without h3, even the boring looking g3 system would have to be "critical" since Black must know exactly what to do or he gets squashed.

IP Logged

thibdb13
God Member

Tal was the best

Reply #2 - 04/28/08 at 07:22:02
Post Tools
The Austrian attack is the most theoritical weapon against the Pirc but black is OK when he knows what he is doing.
The system with 4.Bg5 is very annoying and black has to be patient but not passive against it.
The classical and the fianchetto variations are more positionnal and here again black should be patient but not passive.
Up to me, the most problematic system is the archbishop attack (with h3 and g4 after Be3) when black chooses to play c6 against Be3 and delay Bg7.

Yusupov once said that “The problem with the Dutch Defence is that later in many positions the best move would be ...f5-f7” but he is surely wrong.

IP Logged

MNb
God Member

Rudolf Spielmann forever

Reply #1 - 04/28/08 at 02:03:21
Post Tools
Open door: the Austrian of course.
A more interesting question is which one is the second most critical system for White. I nominate 4.Be3, 5.Qd2, leaving open both the 150-Attack (x.Nf3) and the Argentinean Attack (x.f3).

The book had the effect good books usually have: it made the stupids more stupid, the intelligent more intelligent and the other thousands of readers remained unchanged.
GC Lichtenberg

IP Logged

Pingudon

Hi chess friends!!

Most critical line agains the PIRC?
04/27/08 at 20:46:46
Post Tools
Hi friends: I want to know your opinion about the most critical line black has to face when playing the Pirc. What are the big guns playing?

GTalk  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo