Latest Updates:
Normal Topic Positional Repertoire in KID? (Read 1581 times)
MarinFan

I Love ChessPublishing!

Re: Positional Repertoire in KID?
Reply #1 - 05/22/08 at 13:49:16
Post Tools
Hello,

I quite liked the Na6 ideas in Gallagher's old book Attacking Rep for black. For my temperament it is nice to have the feeling of snuffing out white's queenside play, before commiting to all out king-side attack, even if not possible. I am looking at the KID as a way to go after lower rated players. Against g3 , it was pleasant experimenting with the Nc6, a6 line, suspecting against the type of players playing against were not likely to go for the critical lines with d5, playing against Na5, even if they knew about it. Thinking about the c5 pawn sac line against the samisch, but haven't tried it out yet.
                         Bye John S

IP Logged

Chevalier

Positional Repertoire in KID?
05/22/08 at 04:44:32
Post Tools
Is it possible to create a repertoire in the KID consisting almost entirely of positional variations? I am aware that the KID is one of the most tactical defences to 1.d4, but I figured that given the flexibility of Black's position, it would be possible to play positionally in this opening as well.

For starters, many of the variations with ...Na6, e.g. the Classical look more positional and strategic than tactical.

Nothing has meaning or value other than the meaning and value that you give it.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo