Latest Updates:
Normal Topic Going to the swimming pool before the round?!? ;) (Read 3214 times)
Bibs
God Member

Re: Going to the swimming pool before the round?!? ;)
Reply #8 - 04/05/21 at 12:42:58
Post Tools
I’d not be averse to sunning myself by the pool a little before a game. A massage even. (Not from anyone here, but thanks for offering). I’d generally avoid drinks with umbrellas in though. Swimming, no, not my thang.

A brisk 10-minute walk does me fine. Good idea, yes, I think so. I would not wish to stay in a hotel further away than a 10-minute walk, ideally. I specifically choose and book based on that.

A related point is that I prefer arriving on the dot. I don’t like general chat before playing. Focus. Arrive, straight to the board and to playing. Idle chat with pals is after.

IP Logged

cathexis
God Member

No matter where you go,
there you are.

Reply #7 - 04/05/21 at 11:03:25
Post Tools
Quote:
My question was intended to be serious, yet I haven't received a serious answer.  Smiley
Sometimes I feel sleepy after going to the swimming pool, but the question is if the reason is lying around too long on the lawn or even the chloride in the pool?
Perhaps then it would be better to go to a lake!  Roll Eyes

So, why did you feel sleepy? might be a better question since that sounds like the real issue. You also said, "at the pool," which is not the same as *in* the pool. According to the movies, all manners of things can happen at or in a pool that sometimes leave the participants happy but sleepy afterwards. Naturally, I avoid those kind of movies - but I have heard,...  Grin

IP Logged

Laramonet

Gwyddbwll am byth !

Reply #6 - 04/05/21 at 10:51:13
Post Tools
Reading old threads: the top player in my country always goes for a 20 minute walk before the round. Fresh air and a cleared mind is a benefit, why wouldn't a swim be similar ?

IP Logged

FischerTal

I Love Chess Books

Reply #5 - 07/03/08 at 07:14:13
Post Tools
I think a bit of exercise would be good befre a round, would reduce stress-anyway as chess is sedentary sport it is important to  get some physical exercise

IP Logged

FightingDragon

I love ChessPublishing
.com!

Reply #4 - 07/02/08 at 09:13:34
Post Tools
My question was intended to be serious, yet I haven't received a serious answer.  Smiley
Sometimes I feel sleepy after going to the swimming pool, but the question is if the reason is lying around too long on the lawn or even the chloride in the pool?
Perhaps then it would be better to go to a lake!  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Mike Thomas

So many openings, so little
time!

Reply #3 - 07/02/08 at 06:47:11
Post Tools
Didn't your mother ever tell you that you must wait a half hour after swimming before you can play chess? Otherwise your brain could cramp up!   Cheesy

IP Logged

LeeRoth
God Member

I love ChessPublishing.com!

Reply #2 - 07/01/08 at 15:07:14
Post Tools
This is well known to be good for your chess. Wink

http://www.bobby-fischer.net/bobby_fischer_quotes_23.htm

IP Logged

Matemax
God Member

Chesspub gives you strength!

Reply #1 - 07/01/08 at 11:55:51
Post Tools
This one of the most topical problems we face - hundreds of chess players tried the same forgetting that the consequences may be fatal: There is the danger that all the chess information of your brain is washed out. I therefore would highly recommend to close eyes, wear a large headphone to protect the ears and pull a big finger in each nose hole - believe me, this is the only way to protect your chess information! Place a chessboard near the swimming pool and have a look at it at least every 5 minutes - if you feel you cant remember the variations you planned to play immediatly leave the pool and search for medical treatment. But out of my own experience I have to say that in this case its usually too late and you have to start learning chess from the very beginning. Is it really worth all the trouble?

IP Logged

FightingDragon

I love ChessPublishing
.com!

Going to the swimming pool before the round?!? ;)
07/01/08 at 09:52:01
Post Tools
As in the summer there are traditionally many chess tournaments, I ask myself if it is positive or negative for one's play to spend time at the swimming pool before playing chess.

What do you think?  Wink

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo