Latest Updates:
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Who do you agree with the most? (Read 8534 times)
blueguitar322

I Love ChessPublishing!

Re: Who do you agree with the most?
Reply #26 - 08/06/08 at 02:30:42
Post Tools
+1

Please PLEASE ban this guy. I've not posted on any of his threads because I didn't want to feed the troll...but if I can help with the consensus to force him out, please count me in.

Even if I didn't agree with Aagard (for the record, I do...both "Experts vs. the Sicilian" and "Play the Semi-Slav" are excellent), I'd still respect the guy for having the balls to post with his real name - and not just an unknown name like mine but a name whose reputation leads directly to his ability to make a decent income.

IP Logged

dsanchez

24.Nh1!?N

Reply #25 - 08/06/08 at 01:17:19
Post Tools
What illiterate started this thread?  Can we please change the heading?  Reading it is like fingernails on a chalkboard.

IP Logged

Seth_Xoma
God Member

FM with 2 IM Norms - (2381)

Reply #24 - 08/05/08 at 23:10:43
Post Tools
Not since the days of Elmer Fudd looking down the barrel of his gun has anything backfired so splendiferously as this poll.

IP Logged

trw
YaBB Moderator

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #23 - 08/05/08 at 22:59:01
Post Tools
Quote:
Fluffy continues to only criticize. I wish he was more mature!

and what is it you're doing exactly? I'd say criticize would be too kind for your actions... criticize generally means one has a point... you don't even have that! I believe the term for people like you is PITA Pain In The Ass

IP Logged

GrizzleBazzle

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #22 - 08/05/08 at 22:12:14
Post Tools
Quote:
Fluffy continues to only criticize. I wish he was more mature!

Excuse my rant, but this is exactly why this jackass needs to be banned. There are very few internet boards left anymore devoid of these kind of morons. Chesspublishing is one of the last. They seem to find their way to them all, and slowly ruin them. Now we have Anonymous.  I am sick and tired of this idiot making a mockery of this board. Tony, something needs to be done now.

IP Logged

trw
YaBB Moderator

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #21 - 08/05/08 at 21:14:38
Post Tools
fluffy wrote on 08/05/08 at 21:07:53:
you're beating a dead horse

I'm sorry but that needed to be emphasized....

IP Logged

fluffy

International Master

Reply #20 - 08/05/08 at 21:07:53
Post Tools
Quote:
Ok Aagaard, thank you for admitting that Marin's books could have been better. I agree that Marin's books are excellent but could have been a little bit better if he had used more of the right kind of sources.

you want to know why people don't like you Anonymous? it's because of crap like this. ANY book "could have been better", and Aagaard already 'admitted" this. Then you post this poll like an ass trying to prove how right you. it's like shaking hands with someone making peace then turning around and talking smack about them. you're beating a dead horse like an immature little brat. get over yourself. most people know to leave a party when no one wants them there...

IP Logged

Anonymous
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 08/05/08 at 20:45:43
Post Tools
Jacob Aagaard wrote on 08/05/08 at 08:34:24:
My last attempt to reach Mr. Smith.

People agree with me the most because I said: yes, there are always ways to improve the books. We will listen and do our best, which will always fall short of perfection.

People disagree with you because agreeing with your comments would mean that I am a liar and Marin's books are bad, something which is not the case in a majority opinion.

Your 4-5 very interesting comments/arguments were lost to most in your lack of humour and your general aggression. It was not those few interesting points people disagreed with, but with your personality.

Somehow I am glad people in here failed the test. I will probably hang around a bit longer because of it Smiley.

[For those wondering - we will announce our new "Grandmaster Repertoire" series in a week]

Ok Aagaard, thank you for admitting that Marin's books could have been better. I agree that Marin's books are excellent but could have been a little bit better if he had used more of the right kind of sources.

IP Logged

rossia

Saw: "Game Over!"

Reply #18 - 08/05/08 at 14:40:27
Post Tools
ok, and then be extensive  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

Jacob Aagaard

Quality Chess says hi!

Reply #17 - 08/05/08 at 12:28:01
Post Tools
Sorry, if I say a bit, I will have to answer 10 e-mails a day. This is the only reason for waiting. We are simply not ready with the text at the moment. Only, I had promised to say something today, so I wanted to say that we will announce it on Monday.

IP Logged

rossia

Saw: "Game Over!"

Reply #16 - 08/05/08 at 10:36:27
Post Tools
[For those wondering - we will announce our new "Grandmaster Repertoire" series in a week]

Aagaard stop playing cat and mouse and reveal us what you gonna say in few days.

After all we are the main supporters of you publishing house, buyers as well.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

Jacob Aagaard

Quality Chess says hi!

Reply #15 - 08/05/08 at 08:34:24
Post Tools
My last attempt to reach Mr. Smith.

People agree with me the most because I said: yes, there are always ways to improve the books. We will listen and do our best, which will always fall short of perfection.

People disagree with you because agreeing with your comments would mean that I am a liar and Marin's books are bad, something which is not the case in a majority opinion.

Your 4-5 very interesting comments/arguments were lost to most in your lack of humour and your general aggression. It was not those few interesting points people disagreed with, but with your personality.

Somehow I am glad people in here failed the test. I will probably hang around a bit longer because of it Smiley.

IP Logged

Mike Thomas

So many openings, so little
time!

Reply #14 - 08/05/08 at 04:57:04
Post Tools
OK, after that little piece of self-serving "logic" I've decided that I most agree with Fluffy - Anonymous must be an idiot, and he is most likely 15 years old, if not younger. Ban him please. He's a waste of bandwidth. Angry

IP Logged

Anonymous
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 08/04/08 at 22:40:16
Post Tools
This was a test to see if you guys would automatically agree with an "expert" IM Jacob Aagaard or just a regular person, "Anonymous". Most of you guys failed the test because Anonymous' arguements made a lot more sense and you should have agreed with him the most. Fluffy (IM David Vigorito) failed the test the worst because all he did was criticize Anonymous.

I thank the few of you that didn't conform with the majority of the people and did what was right and voted for Anonymous.

IP Logged

MNb
God Member

Rudolf Spielmann forever

Reply #12 - 08/03/08 at 13:40:19
Post Tools

The book had the effect good books usually have: it made the stupids more stupid, the intelligent more intelligent and the other thousands of readers remained unchanged.
GC Lichtenberg

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo