Latest Updates:
Poll
Poll Question: Is Play the Open Games as Black riddled with errors?
bars   pie

Yes    
  7 (28.0%)
No    
  18 (72.0%)

Total votes: 25
« Created by: Anonymous3 on: 08/22/08 at 04:05:43 »
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Topic Tools
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Play the Open Games as Black (Read 14564 times)
micawber
God Member

like many sneaks and skunks
in history he's a poet

Re: Play the Open Games as Black
Reply #22 - 08/27/08 at 18:05:27
Post Tools
I hesitated for a long time to post in this thread (don't feed the trolls).
Some two weeks ago I thought he had changed his ways:
asking a serious question in this section (on the worral-attack).
It seems that he was surprised by getting a serious answer, as he
didnt follow up his post.
But finally reading his new thread I must say that I second the idea of banning his IP altogether.
Enough is enough.

IP Logged

edgy

"Long ago he was one of
the singers"

Reply #21 - 08/26/08 at 19:47:52
Post Tools
Anonymous3 wrote on 08/26/08 at 16:38:04:
Wow! This forum is really boring without me writing posts!

You're a loon.

Caissa have mercy on a miserable patzer: http://altergoniff.blogspot.com
IP Logged

Markovich
God Member

Reply #20 - 08/26/08 at 19:33:36
Post Tools
Anonymous3 wrote on 08/26/08 at 16:38:04:

Aagaard, do you still think Play the Open Games as Black is riddled with errors? Most people voted no on the poll.

If you keep taxing Aagaard with impertinent questions like this, you're going to get banned again.

The Great Oz has spoken!

IP Logged

Anonymous3

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #19 - 08/26/08 at 16:38:04
Post Tools

Aagaard, do you still think Play the Open Games as Black is riddled with errors? Most people voted no on the poll.

IP Logged

drkodos
God Member

I see....stars.

Reply #18 - 08/24/08 at 21:11:20
Post Tools
Antillian wrote on 08/22/08 at 23:42:43:
GrizzleBazzle wrote on 08/22/08 at 21:35:46:
ghenghisclown wrote on 08/22/08 at 20:43:32:
Vigorito's idea of banning his ip is not altogether a bad idea, it will force him to go to the library Tongue

Banning his IP is the only way to resolve this issue. He has repeatedly demonstrated that he does not intend to actually contribute anything and that he is only here to pollute this board. He is nothing but a troll. And I'm also sure he gets off reading posts like these.  Ban his IP, the sooner the better.

I don't think it is that easy. Most regular internet users do not have static IP's i.e dedicated IP's. Most persons have what is known as a dynamic IP. Everytime you restart your computer, your IP changes.

True, but it is still very easy to do, based on the subnet mask that the hardware uses. Then again, people can then use proxies to get past that level of banning.  Then there is another security level for that type of breach.  But then people can go to public areas and post from library computers.  For this there are several excellent analysing programs that detects users even across these gulfs. based on posting frequencies, tendenceis, and now even rhetoric choices.

How much $$$ you got for security?  hehe....

In the end what eventually works best is the fool gets tired of his foolery and goes elsewhere

I know I've made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal. I've still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission.

IP Logged

MNb
God Member

Rudolf Spielmann forever

Reply #17 - 08/24/08 at 13:20:04
Post Tools
Problem is that there should be no MNb's or Fluffy's either then. Tell me, how are you sure that I am who I claim I am? And are you interested? If you had not told us your real name I never would have guessed. In fact, only when you began to write books it became important to me.
So the next step will be: registration will only be granted after sending a copy of our passport to Tony.
In favour of Anon. I must say he immediately made clear what his new pseudonym was. He could have chosen an entirely different one, which is the reason I am not so fond of banning.
Frankly I think censoring is more effective. Alas Alumbrado seems to be even more liberal than me, so my hope that this thread will be deleted - the best course of action - is almost zero. Maybe Anon himself wants to prove his good will!?

The book had the effect good books usually have: it made the stupids more stupid, the intelligent more intelligent and the other thousands of readers remained unchanged.
GC Lichtenberg

IP Logged

fluffy

International Master

Reply #16 - 08/24/08 at 12:43:21
Post Tools
perhaps there should be no such thing as "anonymous" posts. it's easy to be a piece of garbage on a board when no one knows who you are...

IP Logged

Antillian
God Member

Brilliance without dazzle!

Reply #15 - 08/22/08 at 23:42:43
Post Tools
GrizzleBazzle wrote on 08/22/08 at 21:35:46:
Vigorito's idea of banning his ip is not altogether a bad idea, it will force him to go to the library Tongue

Banning his IP is the only way to resolve this issue. He has repeatedly demonstrated that he does not intend to actually contribute anything and that he is only here to pollute this board. He is nothing but a troll. And I'm also sure he gets off reading posts like these.  Ban his IP, the sooner the better.

I don't think it is that easy. Most regular internet users do not have static IP's i.e dedicated IP's. Most persons have what is known as a dynamic IP. Everytime you restart your computer, your IP changes.

"Breakthrough results come about by a series of good decisions, diligently executed and accumulated one on top of another." Jim Collins --- Good to Great

IP Logged

GrizzleBazzle

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #14 - 08/22/08 at 21:35:46
Post Tools

Banning his IP is the only way to resolve this issue. He has repeatedly demonstrated that he does not intend to actually contribute anything and that he is only here to pollute this board. He is nothing but a troll. And I'm also sure he gets off reading posts like these.  Ban his IP, the sooner the better.

IP Logged

ghenghisclown
God Member

Pedicare Vestri Latin

Reply #13 - 08/22/08 at 20:43:32
Post Tools
"The problem with this is, people never do ignore him entirely."

I believe I mentioned this problem in my post. I'm aware of it, but surely the community is close-knit enough enough Nez-pas?

"Experience is a dim lamp, which only lights the one who bears it."

IP Logged

fluffy

International Master

Reply #12 - 08/22/08 at 18:57:16
Post Tools
ban his IP. this clown just brings negativity to the board.

IP Logged

Anonymous3

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #11 - 08/22/08 at 18:34:14
Post Tools
Jacob Aagaard wrote on 08/22/08 at 08:17:52:
ADMIN - He was thrown out for being after me once, please inform him to stop it and please remove this thread.

Aagaard, I'm not going after you again. You said Play the Open Games as Black was riddled with errors. You are a strong player and know a lot about chess books so I was thinking maybe this book is riddled with errors. I just wanted to see what other people's opinions were.

IP Logged

Seth_Xoma
God Member

FM with 2 IM Norms - (2381)

Reply #10 - 08/22/08 at 16:36:43
Post Tools
Not only am I not going to vote, I am never going to read another thread started by anonymous ever again. Bye!

IP Logged

rossia

Saw: "Game Over!"

Reply #9 - 08/22/08 at 12:51:00
Post Tools
Kick sucker out  Cool

IP Logged

Michael Ayton
God Member

‘You’re never alone with
a doppelgänger.’

Reply #8 - 08/22/08 at 12:36:28
Post Tools
[quote]Doing nothing is surely not an option.

Actually, that's the very best option. Unfortunately it requires everyone to ignore him for several weeks, because it could take that long. [/quote]

The problem with this is, people never do ignore him entirely. Sure most people do, but there are always one or two who rise to the bait.

[quote]these people live for negative attention, so banning them (and criticizing him) just turns them on. [/quote]

He can be as turned on as he likes so far as I'm concerned, as long as he's out of my hair. We've surely done all we can reasonably be expected to do to reform him!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo