Latest Updates:
Normal Topic Reccomended way to meet the London system (Read 2093 times)
MNb
God Member

Rudolf Spielmann forever

Re: Reccomended way to meet the London system
Reply #2 - 10/08/08 at 00:43:48
Post Tools
1.d4 Nf6 2.Bf4 d5 3.e3 c5 4.Nf3 Nc6 is pretty good. It's not so clear that the bishop on f4 is better than on c1 compared to the QGD (with colours reversed). There is also 4...cxd4 5.exd4 Nc6 which might transpose to an innocent variation of the C-K (1.e4 c6 2.d4 d5 3.exd5 cxd5 and 4.Nf3 is not the best move). If White plays 4.c3 Black may try Qb6 5.Qb3 c4 - an idea that players of the London like to play themselves.
Another option is 1.d4 Nf6 2.Bf4 e6 3.Nf3 b6 with a quick ...Ne4 and evt. ...f5 to follow.

The book had the effect good books usually have: it made the stupids more stupid, the intelligent more intelligent and the other thousands of readers remained unchanged.
GC Lichtenberg

IP Logged

TopNotch
God Member

I only look 1 move ahead,
but its always the best

Re: Reccomended way to meet the London system
Reply #1 - 10/07/08 at 23:17:46
Post Tools
Chessmoby wrote on 10/07/08 at 18:21:02:
I have been playing 1...Nf6 and after f4 c5 [Editor's Note: Kindly edit your posts before uploading, thanks] but I think there must be a better method.

any repetoire outlines? i have actually scored pretty poorly in practise against this system. ie i actually won a piece because my opponent blundered but he then conjured up a scary kingside attack using olny 2 rooks and a pawn, how can that work, i checked the analysis later on fritz and it suggests that i was wrong to take the piece but it wasnt even a sacrifice, my opponent admitted that he just thought he blundered!

What strategic themes are central to the opening and how should I exploit its weaknesses as a black player
thanks

Start by aquiring the following work:

WIN WITH THE LONDON SYSTEM by (Sverre Johnsen & Vlatko Kovacevic)

You will probably find more detailed answers therein, then follow that purchase with another on anti d4 systems such as d4 deviations by cox or Beating Annoying d pawn Openings by Martin.

No need to thank me.

Tops Smiley

The man who tries to do something and fails is infinitely better than he who tries to do nothing and succeeds - Lloyd Jones Smiley

IP Logged

Chessmoby

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reccomended way to meet the London system
10/07/08 at 18:21:02
Post Tools
I have been playing 1...Nf6 and after f4 c5 but i think there must be a better method.

any repetoire outlines? i have actually scored pretty poorly in practise against this system. ie i actually won a piece because my opponent blundered but he then conjured up a scary kingside attack using olny 2 rooks and a pawn, how can that work, i checked the analysis later on fritz and it suggests that i was wrong to take the piece but it wasnt even a sacrifice, my opponent admitted that he just thought he blundered!

what strategic themes are central to the opening and how should i exploit its weaknesses as a black player
thanks

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo