Latest Updates:
Normal Topic Dragon article in New in Chess yearbook 88 (Read 2914 times)
bragesjo
God Member

CCE at ICCF 2021 and CCM
at ICCF 2023

Re: Dragon article in New in Chess yearbook 88
Reply #3 - 10/17/08 at 17:13:17
Post Tools
The articles conclusion was that blacks attacking chanses are small but in order to do that white must exchange attacking pieces as well. The author thinks that black can hold hes position in Re6 (instead of pawnsac) line and equalize by carefull play. Leko-Carlsen line the improvment Nxa5 seems very good for white, I dont see the unclear and the annotator who called it unclear did not want to risk playing black. In the next yearbook there are going to be anther Dragon article and the focus is on 9 0-0-0 d5 10 Qe1, like an other Leko-Carlsen game.

IP Logged

robl
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #2 - 10/16/08 at 22:37:05
Post Tools
bragesjo wrote on 10/12/08 at 17:58:25:
New in Chess yearbook 88 has a article about 9 Bc4 Yugoslav Rc8 Kb1 Re8 variation. The annotator seems to be Karolyi.

On of the annoted games is Leko-Carlsen. Hopefully it will feutere what happens if white simply takes the a5 pawn. I ordered the magazine today so i dont know if the annotations or the article is good or not.

The dragon games in the article (whole games), is 
avable in unannoteded form from http://www.newinchess.com/Yearbook/Default.aspx?PageID=223

* [White "Llorente Zaro, Alfonso"] [Black "Alonso Moyano, Jonathan"]
* [White "Valmana Canto, Jaime"] [Black "Eckersley Waites, Adam"]
* [White "Karjakin, Sergey"] [Black "Carlsen, Magnus"]
* [White "Leko, Peter"] [Black "Carlsen, Magnus"]
* [White "Ginsburg, Gennady"] [Black "Reschke, Stefan"]
* [White "Aseeva, Marina"] [Black "Pogonina, Natalia"]
* [White "Radjabov, Teimour"] [Black "Carlsen, Magnus"]

Note the Radjabov-Carlsen is there since white can play h4 h5 Bg5 instead of the usual Bh6.

And as a bonus there will also be the game a interesting Qa5 Dragon where black saced the Queen!. That game has an ohter annotator so I suppose that it is an other chapter.

[White "Hirneise, Jens"] [Black "Hoensch, Matthias"]

White "Hirneise, Jens"] [Black "Hoensch, Matthias" after 15...Qe5

The Queen sac is very old theory. It is mentioned in David Levy's original Dragon book from the early 70s. Instead of Hirneise's 16 f4? 16. Bf4 forces the Queen to e6 and its unclear where Black is going to get counterplay.

IP Logged

drkodos
God Member

I see....stars.

Reply #1 - 10/12/08 at 19:00:16
Post Tools
bragesjo wrote on 10/12/08 at 17:58:25:
On of the annoted games is Leko-Carlsen. Hopefully it will feutere what happens if white simply takes the a5 pawn. I ordered the magazine today so i dont know if the annotations or the article is good or not.

If you refer to move 23 for White after 22. ...a5 in their rapid game, then yes it has some annotation for possibility of White playing 23 Na5.

I have not figured out if the dearth of annotations are good or not....  Undecided

I know I've made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal. I've still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission.

IP Logged

bragesjo
God Member

CCE at ICCF 2021 and CCM
at ICCF 2023

Dragon article in New in Chess yearbook 88
10/12/08 at 17:58:25
Post Tools
New in Chess yearbook 88 has a article about 9 Bc4 Yugoslav Rc8 Kb1 Re8 variation. The annotator seems to be Karolyi.

The dragon games in the article (whole games), is 
avable in unannoteded form from http://www.newinchess.com/Yearbook/Default.aspx?PageID=223

* [White "Llorente Zaro, Alfonso"] [Black "Alonso Moyano, Jonathan"]
* [White "Valmana Canto, Jaime"] [Black "Eckersley Waites, Adam"]
* [White "Karjakin, Sergey"] [Black "Carlsen, Magnus"]
* [White "Leko, Peter"] [Black "Carlsen, Magnus"]
* [White "Ginsburg, Gennady"] [Black "Reschke, Stefan"]
* [White "Aseeva, Marina"] [Black "Pogonina, Natalia"]
* [White "Radjabov, Teimour"] [Black "Carlsen, Magnus"]

Note the Radjabov-Carlsen is there since white can play h4 h5 Bg5 instead of the usual Bh6.

And as a bonus there will also be the game a interesting Qa5 Dragon where black saced the Queen!. That game has an ohter annotator so I suppose that it is an other chapter.

[White "Hirneise, Jens"] [Black "Hoensch, Matthias"]

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo