Latest Updates:
Normal Topic A fluffy start for David (Read 3918 times)
doctord
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Re: A fluffy start for David
Reply #5 - 11/08/08 at 17:00:27
Post Tools
Oh yes Matemax, I hoped my comment was reasoned. I certainly intend to submit suggestions - and I think I was cautious in my comment when I noted it was probably rushed, etc. You can't tell much from the one submission except he does seem competent, let's hope for the best especially since the anti-Sicilian seems to have been weak for awhile.....

IP Logged

Matemax
God Member

Chesspub gives you strength!

Reply #4 - 11/07/08 at 12:12:12
Post Tools
doctord wrote on 11/06/08 at 20:42:54:
It seemed weak to me; I was hoping it was both a month without much action and something he had to get together in a hurry.

Easy to say - as mentioned in the thread "Andy replacement", D. Vigorito alias "fluffy" took over end of september. Considering you need some time to think about what to do and how to do it, I continue to say that the update was promising. Give the guy a chance of at least three updates to find his way. I think he will also have a look a this forum - so why not post suggestions for the future?

IP Logged

Bibs
YaBB Moderator

Reply #3 - 11/07/08 at 01:15:37
Post Tools
doctord wrote on 11/06/08 at 20:42:54:
It seemed weak to me; I was hoping it was both a month without much action and something he had to get together in a hurry.

Agree with this. Does seem rushed and somewhat abbreviated.

Easy to spot a pattern with authors here - always the same when post is a month late for any reason. First is short to get it out of the way, second is more considered.
This indeed may well not be Mr Vigorito's fault. Hired late?

IP Logged

doctord
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #2 - 11/06/08 at 20:42:54
Post Tools

IP Logged

ANDREW BRETT
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #1 - 11/05/08 at 12:38:57
Post Tools
One suggestion - is perhaps Fluffy could do the odd update with classic strategic games in addition to cutting theory - I thought Ruslan's queens gambit and Neil's exchange winawer were excellent illustrations of this theme.

IP Logged

Matemax
God Member

Chesspub gives you strength!

A fluffy start for David
11/01/08 at 16:07:05
Post Tools
Long awaited and finally arrived - D. Vigorittos first update on chesspublishing. I think its a nice selection of games and clearly superior to various tries from Another Man here  Wink

Now future will tell if David is able to develop his own way on chesspublishing and giving the Anti-Sic-Section his personal touch.

PS: Kotronias handling of the Rossolimo is impressive

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo