Latest Updates:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) "Beat the King's Indian" by Jan Markos (Read 92763 times)
Bibs
YaBB Moderator

Re: "Beat the King's Indian" by Jan Markos
Reply #20 - 12/05/08 at 14:58:31
Post Tools
Boki, all

Any views on this text?

Was expecting a few more pages considering the sizes of the systems. But if what is there is good, would be interested.

Couple of queries:

Does the 'Korchnoi' section also include anti-Nbd7, Glek etc? I.e. repertoirish?

How does the h3-makagonov coverage compare with that in  the chessbase cd, Grivas anti-indian book?

IP Logged

Antillian
God Member

Brilliance without dazzle!

Reply #19 - 11/27/08 at 12:31:05
Post Tools
Oops...my bad again.

"Breakthrough results come about by a series of good decisions, diligently executed and accumulated one on top of another." Jim Collins --- Good to Great

IP Logged

Seth_Xoma
God Member

FM with 2 IM Norms - (2381)

Reply #18 - 11/27/08 at 04:22:34
Post Tools
Markovich wrote on 11/26/08 at 18:05:14:
Antillian wrote on 11/19/08 at 12:26:18:
Alias wrote on 11/18/08 at 09:32:33:
Both the Markos and Avrukh books are announced for December 1 on the Niggemann site.

Niggerman now has both as available. I wonder why this site always seems to have more information about chess books than anywhere else, and more promptly than anywhere else - sometimes even more detail and more timely than even the publisher.  Undecided

With a name like that, I hope he steers clear of Alabama.

LOL!

IP Logged

Alias
God Member

Reply #17 - 11/26/08 at 20:24:07
Post Tools
Markovich wrote on 11/26/08 at 18:05:14:
Both the Markos and Avrukh books are announced for December 1 on the Niggemann site.

Niggerman now has both as available. I wonder why this site always seems to have more information about chess books than anywhere else, and more promptly than anywhere else - sometimes even more detail and more timely than even the publisher.  Undecided

It's Niggemann. Without the r.

Don't check me with no lightweight stuff.

IP Logged

IMJohnCox
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #16 - 11/26/08 at 18:37:48
Post Tools
Malcolm Pein has just told me he's got both in stock at Chess and Bridge, Euston Road, London

IP Logged

Markovich
God Member

Reply #15 - 11/26/08 at 18:05:14
Post Tools

The Great Oz has spoken!

IP Logged

boki

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #14 - 11/22/08 at 18:05:13
Post Tools
Hi
Got the book today. My first impression is very good. Not many variations, but explanations and interesting suggestions. will compare it to Khalifmans book and to Grivas book and then more

IP Logged

Blunderer

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #13 - 11/19/08 at 16:17:09
Post Tools
The problem might be that you don't have the latest version of Java.

I had problems too, until i updated and now works fine.

IP Logged

Antillian
God Member

Reply #12 - 11/19/08 at 15:44:03
Post Tools
Bibs wrote on 11/19/08 at 14:27:43:
By jove, some unhappy sorts do like to grumble. Curmudgeonly nitpickers of the world unite and take over.
Switch off the PC, leave your parents' house for a bit, get some sun. Look on the bright side.

All games live is some feat. Some blips bound to occur, but noticed none myself following all England and Japan games.

Well done I say - best coverage yet.

Look forward to the KID book.

I am afraid I have too much of a tan already. I am afraid of the sun.  Sad

Perhaps the problem is with my browser or my ISP then. I have had no success with the link so far.

"Breakthrough results come about by a series of good decisions, diligently executed and accumulated one on top of another." Jim Collins --- Good to Great

IP Logged

Bibs
YaBB Moderator

Reply #11 - 11/19/08 at 14:27:43
Post Tools
Antillian wrote on 11/19/08 at 13:26:10:
Alias wrote on 11/19/08 at 13:15:37:
That's german efficiency for you.

I won't go too far with that one. The Dresden Olympiad website stinks  Grin

By jove, some unhappy sorts do like to grumble. Curmudgeonly nitpickers of the world unite and take over.
Switch off the PC, leave your parents' house for a bit, get some sun. Look on the bright side.

All games live is some feat. Some blips bound to occur, but noticed none myself following all England and Japan games.

Well done I say - best coverage yet.

Look forward to the KID book.

IP Logged

Antillian
God Member

Reply #10 - 11/19/08 at 13:26:10
Post Tools
Alias wrote on 11/19/08 at 13:15:37:

I won't go too far with that one. The Dresden Olympiad website stinks  Grin

IP Logged

Alias
God Member

Reply #9 - 11/19/08 at 13:15:37
Post Tools

Don't check me with no lightweight stuff.

IP Logged

Antillian
God Member

Reply #8 - 11/19/08 at 12:26:18
Post Tools

Niggerman now has both as available. I wonder why this site always seems to have more information about chess books than anywhere else, and more promptly than anywhere else - sometimes even more detail and more timely than even the publisher.  Undecided

IP Logged

Matemax
God Member

Chesspub gives you strength!

Reply #7 - 11/19/08 at 11:08:33
Post Tools
If I choose the KI I am really happy to see h3 played by White - it is clear, that there will be a fighting game ahead with all the counterchances the KI offers for Black. Furthermore Black is not forced to burn all the bridges as in the Classical Main Lines, where after closing the centre with f4 its do or die. From a psychological point of view I consider the g3-KI to be the most annoying - you dont get what you want as Black, but you have to concentrate on equalizing instead of counterplay.

IP Logged

Antillian
God Member

Reply #6 - 11/18/08 at 21:12:04
Post Tools

I've tried the h3-line in a CC game. I wouldn't call it easy to play. (Is the KID ever easy?) White can easily overextend.

I ecko your sentiments totally. I have been trying it out myself. And finding the right moves for White are quite counterintuitive. Grivas covered it in his book - Beating the Finachetto Defences - but his book did not do a lot to help my understanding.  Personally I think the Breutigam CD is the best source if you really want to understand the themes. I have not given up on this system yet  since I think if I can master it, i will have a very good weapon against the KID that many KIDers will not be properly prepared for.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo