Latest Updates:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) "Beat the King's Indian" by Jan Markos (Read 90293 times)
Alias
God Member

Re: "Beat the King's Indian" by Jan Markos
Reply #5 - 11/18/08 at 09:32:33
Post Tools
Both the Markos and Avrukh books are announced for December 1 on the Niggemann site.

I've tried the h3-line in a CC game. I wouldn't call it easy to play. (Is the KID ever easy?) White can easily overextend.

Don't check me with no lightweight stuff.

IP Logged

TN
God Member

Reply #4 - 11/18/08 at 09:14:09
Post Tools
Jacob Aagaard wrote on 11/10/08 at 09:02:14:
Beat the KID by Jan Markos is out maybe already next week.

Golubev's repertoire book on the KID was great and only 2-3 years old?

We are planning a Nmzo/Aagaard0 GM repertoire book, but not in the near future. Other projects come first.

From the Grandmaster Repertoire 1.d4 - Volume 1 Thread.

This is not confirmed on the Quality Chess website, so it is not impossible that the date has been changed to early 2009.

Or alternatively, you could send Aagaard a PM to inquire about the intended publication date of the book.

Out of the three lines given, the 6.h3 Makogonov Variation looks like the easiest to play, the Bayonet with 9.b4 is probably the most promising and the 9.Ne1 Korchnoi Variation is the most difficult to play, requiring both excellent preparation and very accurate defence.

Aagaard, do you know whether Markos recommends 8.Be3 or 8.Re1 against the 7...Na6 variation? It was covered in Luis Comas Fabrego's book "True Lies in Chess" by Quality Chess, and when I browsed the chapter at a friend's place, he certainly gave a convincing case in favour of the variation. Although the coverage was predominantly the most popular 8.Be3 Ng4 9.Bg5 Qe8 10.de5 variation if I remember correctly).

All our dreams come true if we have the courage to pursue them.

IP Logged

Bonsai
God Member

Reply #3 - 11/18/08 at 07:39:23
Post Tools
TN wrote on 11/10/08 at 20:16:13:
I recently found out from the 'Grandmaster Repertoire - 1.d4' topic that the book "Beat the KID" by Markos will be released by Quality Chess in the next week or two

Where did you hear that it was the next week or two? I had a look around and all indications appear to be for a 2009 release.

IP Logged

Mortal Games
God Member

Reply #2 - 11/15/08 at 00:45:28
Post Tools
I noticed that Jan Markos plays the King´s Indian too with Black.

It has been said that chess players are good at two things, Chess and Excuses.  It has also been said that Chess is where all excuses fail! In order to win you must dare to fail!

IP Logged

TonyRo
God Member

I'm gonna crack your skull!

Reply #1 - 11/10/08 at 20:21:27
Post Tools
Yeah, and those are basically the toughest lines against the KID, at least in my opinion, so it should be a great book if the work is put in.

IP Logged

TN
God Member

"Beat the King's Indian" by Jan Markos
11/10/08 at 20:16:13
Post Tools
I recently found out from the 'Grandmaster Repertoire - 1.d4' topic that the book "Beat the KID" by Markos will be released by Quality Chess in the next week or two.

I also found out that the book will cover three variations against the King's Indian. These three variations are: The Bayonet Attack (1.d4 Nf6 2.c4 g6 3.Nc3 Bg7 4.e4 d6 5.Nf3 0-0 6.Be2 e5 7.0-0 Nc6 8.d5 Ne7 9.b4); The "Korchnoi" Variation (as above, but with 9.Ne1); and finally, The Krasenkow Variation, sometimes called the Makogonov (as above, but with 6.h3). I assume that Black's move 6-8 alternatives in the first two recommended variations will be covered as well.

This looks like another excellent book from Quality Chess.

All our dreams come true if we have the courage to pursue them.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo