Latest Updates:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Antidotes to the Blackmar-Diemer Gambit (Read 129928 times)
flaviddude

I love ChessPublishing.com!

Re: Antidotes to the Blackmar-Diemer Gambit
Reply #2 - 01/04/09 at 04:12:10
Post Tools
MNb wrote on 01/03/09 at 23:42:12:
There is that Schiller/Watson book called The big Book of Busts or something like that. Schiller also always has advocated the Euwe Defence.

I do remember that Wahls in his book on the Scandinavion gave something against the BDG as well, but don't know anymore what exactly.

Andrew Martin here

http://www.jeremysilman.com/chess_bits_pieces/110103_blackmar_dmr_gmbt.html

Thank you very much. Schiller wrote his book with John Watson and the combination worked well. I shall check out his analysis.

The analysis of Jeremy Silman scared me off the BDG for some time. There is a separate thread on this site dealing with the Alchemy variation.

1.d4 d5 2.e4 dxe 3. Nc3 Nf6 4.f3 exf 5.Nxf3 c6 6.Bc4 Bf5 7.0-0 e6 8. Ng5

A totally untested idea which may not be totally sound but would be a shock move to play in blitz is 6.Qd3 I have been having great fun playing this against deep rybka 3

wrote about the Von Hennig-Milner Barry Gambit. That makes me wonder if other authors on the Caro-Kann have written on the transposition 1.e4 c6 2.d4 d5 3.Nc3 dxe4 4.f3 or 4.Bc4/5.f3.

I am hopelessly addicted to the King's Gambit

IP Logged

MNb
God Member

Rudolf Spielmann forever

Re: Antidotes to the Blackmar-Diemer Gambit
Reply #1 - 01/03/09 at 23:42:12
Post Tools
There is that Schiller/Watson book called The big Book of Busts or something like that. Schiller also always has advocated the Euwe Defence.

I do remember that Wahls in his book on the Scandinavion gave something against the BDG as well, but don't know anymore what exactly.

Andrew Martin here

http://www.jeremysilman.com/chess_bits_pieces/110103_blackmar_dmr_gmbt.html

wrote about the Von Hennig-Milner Barry Gambit. That makes me wonder if other authors on the Caro-Kann have written on the transposition 1.e4 c6 2.d4 d5 3.Nc3 dxe4 4.f3 or 4.Bc4/5.f3.

The book had the effect good books usually have: it made the stupids more stupid, the intelligent more intelligent and the other thousands of readers remained unchanged.
GC Lichtenberg

IP Logged

flaviddude

I love ChessPublishing.com!

Antidotes to the Blackmar-Diemer Gambit
01/03/09 at 23:25:14
Post Tools
Hi all, I am currently doing a lot of work on antidotes to the Blackmar-Diemer Gambit.

In the past respectable chess players treated this as being a load of old cobblers and did not write about it. These days they still think it is a heap of rubbish but take it more seriously.

These days lots of repertoire books are giving antidotes to the BDG. I unleashed the BDG in a tournament between Christmas and new year. Both games were against much higher rated opponents. One I blew clear out of the water. The other played one of the repertoire refutations and I eventually lost when I made a bad positional error in the middle game. I probably could have forced a draw by sacrificing a knight but wanted more (one of the seven deadly chess sins).

What I need is a list of books and authors and the given antidotes to the BDG.

So far I have

Gallagher – Beating the Anti King's Indians which gives a line of the Euwe Defence.

1.d4 d5 2.e4 dxe 3.Nc3 Nf6 4.f3 exf 5.Nf3 e6 I have scored well with this line as black in correspondence fixed openings tournaments. However I have analyzed a line which leads to a position where white regains the pawn with a position I find difficult to evaluate. As always if black gets it wrong the wheels come off.

Cox - Dealing with d4 deviations which suggests the Lemberger.

1.d4 d5 2.e4 dxe 3.Nc3 e5  I have found a line against one line Cox gives where white keeps an edge in a very unbalanced position.

My question is “What other books give antidotes to the BDG and what are they?

I am hopelessly addicted to the King's Gambit

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo