Latest Updates:
Normal Topic Which Ruy lopez line is the most popular nowdays? (Read 2775 times)
Raoh
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Re: Which Ruy lopez line is the most popular nowdays?
Reply #5 - 01/10/09 at 20:00:44
Post Tools
Interesting... I kinda bet he's gonna play the gajewski... I totaly forgot about it, and never played it my self...

IP Logged

bragesjo
God Member

Long live the Nimzo Indian

Reply #4 - 01/10/09 at 17:27:38
Post Tools
At local club Jänisch gambit is popular and has been played at highest level by both Carlsen and Radjabov

IP Logged

MilenPetrov

Winnie the Pooh Rules
:)

Reply #3 - 01/10/09 at 15:08:35
Post Tools
I would say that Belrin Wall is no less popular especially at top level. of course Marschal, Anti-Marschal and Gajewski are on the top. Chigorin is also popular at lower level.

IP Logged

TopNotch
God Member

I only look 1 move ahead,
but its always the best

Reply #2 - 01/10/09 at 15:03:54
Post Tools
Raoh wrote on 01/10/09 at 11:40:27:
Hi! I've been wondering... Which ruy lopez line is the most popular right now? I think the marshall and anti-marshall system are extremly popular right now, but which takes the second place? The Zaitsev or the Chigorin? How about the Breyer? The reason i'm asking this is becouse i have an important match against an 1. e5 player, and he's a real fashion guy. He will always play what GM's play. when i played against him earlier he played the anti-moscow variation, a few years ago he played the najdorf and then the sveshnikov, now he started to play 1.e5 since many GM use it almost always (Leko, Aronian...)

I'm also interested becouse many of the best players in the next tournament i'm gonna play prefer 1. e5, and i wan't to now against which variation should i prepare the most.

So, does anyone have any ideas what he's gonna play against me? He's rated 2100, and i believe he won't play the marshall, becouse i won a game against him in 25 moves when i played the a4 anti-marshall....

Any ideas would help... Thanks

Prepare The Gajewski.

Topples Smiley

The man who tries to do something and fails is infinitely better than he who tries to do nothing and succeeds - Lloyd Jones Smiley

IP Logged

HgMan
God Member

Demand me nothing: What
you know, you know

Reply #1 - 01/10/09 at 14:05:04
Post Tools
Play 1.f4.  No fashion, which means he won't have prepared...   Grin

Frankly, I think you're tackling this wrong.  If you can be relatively sure that your opponent will have prepared a fashionable line, why do you want to go down that path?  Why not carefully prepare for a King's Gambit or some earlier deviation, where you can be confident that you are better prepared for your opponent?

Lots of fashionable lines.  I don't know why your opponent wouldn't want to shore up his anti-Marshall.  The Breyer does seem to be enjoying some popularity at the moment, but you'll be hard-pressed to prove a significant advantage here...

"Luck favours the prepared mind."  --Louis Pasteur

IP Logged

Raoh
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Which Ruy lopez line is the most popular nowdays?
01/10/09 at 11:40:27
Post Tools
Hi! I've been wondering... Which ruy lopez line is the most popular right now? I think the marshall and anti-marshall system are extremly popular right now, but which takes the second place? The Zaitsev or the Chigorin? How about the Breyer? The reason i'm asking this is becouse i have an important match against an 1. e5 player, and he's a real fashion guy. He will always play what GM's play. when i played against him earlier he played the anti-moscow variation, a few years ago he played the najdorf and then the sveshnikov, now he started to play 1.e5 since many GM use it almost always (Leko, Aronian...)

I'm also interested becouse many of the best players in the next tournament i'm gonna play prefer 1. e5, and i wan't to now against which variation should i prepare the most.

So, does anyone have any ideas what he's gonna play against me? He's rated 2100, and i believe he won't play the marshall, becouse i won a game against him in 25 moves when i played the a4 anti-marshall....

Any ideas would help... Thanks

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo