Latest Updates:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) recourses for QGD Vienna (Read 18841 times)
Schaakhamster
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Re: recourses for QGD Vienna
Reply #5 - 02/01/09 at 15:34:44
Post Tools
TN wrote on 01/31/09 at 21:54:40:
There have been a large number of surveys on the Vienna in recent Yearbooks, so I would recommend having a look at these in order to keep up-to-date with the latest developments.

Also, the book 'Dangerous Weapons: The Queen's Gambit' offers a few dangerous Anti-Vienna ideas which one should be prepared for.

I don't know of any other books except for those mentioned, but a Google search may unveil some more published books on the Vienna.

Scherbakov apparantly wrote those yearbook surveys.

IP Logged

TN
YaBB Moderator

Reply #4 - 01/31/09 at 21:54:40
Post Tools
There have been a large number of surveys on the Vienna in recent Yearbooks, so I would recommend having a look at these in order to keep up-to-date with the latest developments.

Also, the book 'Dangerous Weapons: The Queen's Gambit' offers a few dangerous Anti-Vienna ideas which one should be prepared for.

I don't know of any other books except for those mentioned, but a Google search may unveil some more published books on the Vienna.

All our dreams come true if we have the courage to pursue them.

IP Logged

Schaakhamster
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #3 - 01/31/09 at 21:26:08
Post Tools
I found this post:

"Semko wrote on 04/30/08 at 09:01:43:
We expect from Mikhalcishin/Beliavsky a book on The Petrosian System against the Queen's Indian - 4.a3.
We also plan a sharp Black repertoire against 1 d4, based on the Vienna Variation. The book will include also a sharp repertoire against the Catalan. But it is still on the drawing board. "

the QI-book has been released not long ago. Their website doesn't show any sign of new books other than Khalifman his marathon series.

IP Logged

Gerry1970

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #2 - 01/31/09 at 21:23:52
Post Tools
Hello:

The Chess Explained QGD book by Rizzitano has 5 pages on it. It also has coverage of the related Ragozin Defence.

Gerry

IP Logged

Novosibirsk

Chess is my life!

Reply #1 - 01/31/09 at 20:45:21
Post Tools
The Vienna (after 1.d4) is a very interesting opening. I remember that Semko Semkov in an earlier post somewhere in this "jungle" said that Chess star publishing had plans to write a book for black with the sharp Vienna game as the repertoire choice.

But you ask for existing sources of course. But I just mention this as he said this quite a while ago.

Sounds interesting anyhow.

“I don’t play chess anymore, I play Fischer Random. It is a much better game, more challenge. Chess is a dead game, it is played out. Fischer Random is a version of chess that I developed or invented.
IP Logged

Schaakhamster
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

recourses for QGD Vienna
01/31/09 at 20:29:21
Post Tools
Hello,

can someone point me to some material on the QGD Vienna variation?  I've got Lalic QGD: Bg5 systems  form 2000 but I would like some more recent sources.

Thanks in advance!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo