Latest Updates:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Kill the KID (Read 104130 times)
Bibs
YaBB Moderator

Re: Kill the KID
Reply #10 - 04/02/09 at 07:37:39
Post Tools
TonyRo wrote on 04/01/09 at 15:21:51:
This book promises to be quite interesting. I know a little bit more about it than everyone else, and at the very least, this book will not be a Konikowski / Vaisser rehash.

Ooooh, you are a tease. Are you translating it?

IP Logged

gewgaw
God Member

I love ChessPublishing.com!

Reply #9 - 04/01/09 at 20:54:45
Post Tools
I´m curious, if semkov still evaluates 5.f4 0-0 6.Nf3 Na6 7.h4 e5 8.h5 as better for white;

The older, the better - over 2200 and still rising.

IP Logged

TonyRo
God Member

I'm gonna crack your skull!

Reply #8 - 04/01/09 at 15:21:51
Post Tools
This book promises to be quite interesting. I know a little bit more about it than everyone else, and at the very least, this book will not be a Konikowski / Vaisser rehash.

IP Logged

Markovich
God Member

Reply #7 - 03/27/09 at 14:17:08
Post Tools
boki wrote on 03/13/09 at 21:19:31:
Chess stars have announced a repertoire book for white against the Kings Indian based on the 4 pawns attack
Anyone more information?

Well, this is heady stuff indeed for us 4PA aficionados.  I will certainly buy this book.  But while I think that the 4PA is underrated, I'll be surprised if it guarantees +=.

The Great Oz has spoken!

IP Logged

buffos
YaBB Newbies

Reply #6 - 03/27/09 at 12:42:35
Post Tools
i guess the title is inspired from Kill bill Vol1 & Vol2

Chess-stars books are of very nice quality, and semkov does a very good job. Lets see this one.

IP Logged

Antillian
God Member

Brilliance without dazzle!

Reply #5 - 03/14/09 at 18:04:47
Post Tools
Just checked the website and noticed that the actual title announced is "Kill KID 1" Unless that is a typo, it suggests that this is the first part of a series. So presumably the series will offer other repertoires against the KID or perhaps it is a serious of similar neanderthal repertoires against a range of systems with the KID just having been the first. Wink

"Breakthrough results come about by a series of good decisions, diligently executed and accumulated one on top of another." Jim Collins --- Good to Great

IP Logged

LeeRoth
God Member

Reply #4 - 03/14/09 at 14:39:38
Post Tools
Well, the book promises to be based on original analysis, so apparently this is a line that Semko plays himself or at least has spent considerable time looking at.  Wouldn't you rather have an author write on something he plays or knows, than churn out a book on some other line?

IP Logged

ghenghisclown
God Member

Pedicare Vestri Latin

Reply #3 - 03/14/09 at 12:06:38
Post Tools
Yes, Antillian I wondered the same. I believe there are two reasons. One is that Publishers want a sexy opening choice (flashy, agressive). I also believe that authors choose variations in part, to ease their work and to avoid having to deal with too may options for the other side. If the book dealt with, say, the Petrosian KID, moves like c6, Na6, etc...would have to be examined. These two criteria tend to produce variations that rarely get outings at the 2700+ level.

"Experience is a dim lamp, which only lights the one who bears it."

IP Logged

TN
God Member

Reply #2 - 03/14/09 at 05:49:22
Post Tools
Curiously, there is a song by the band Boys Noize called 'Kill the Kid', although it sounds more like people mucking around with instruments to me.

Returning to the book, http://www.chess-stars.com/forthcoming_books.html claims that the book will be authored by Semkov and it 'offers a complete White repertoire against the King's Indian Defence, Modern Benoni and rare move orders for Black, including Modern Defence.'

I expect that Konikowski's monograph on the Four Pawns Attack will be one of Semkov's main sources.

All our dreams come true if we have the courage to pursue them.

IP Logged

Antillian
God Member

Brilliance without dazzle!

Reply #1 - 03/14/09 at 00:46:49
Post Tools
Whew....for a minute there, I thought this was a thread advocating infanticide.  Shocked

I don't understand this persistence on repertoire books advocating the Four Pawns attack against the KID/Benoni. This will be the third major work advocating this suspect system that KIDers generally seem prepared for - actually fourth if you include Dunnington's 1. d4 repertoire book.

"Breakthrough results come about by a series of good decisions, diligently executed and accumulated one on top of another." Jim Collins --- Good to Great

IP Logged

boki

I Love ChessPublishing!

Kill the KID
03/13/09 at 21:19:31
Post Tools
Chess stars have announced a repertoire book for white against the Kings Indian based on the 4 pawns attack
Anyone more information?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo