Latest Updates:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Yusupov's Colle (Read 49867 times)
miamisharks
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Re: Yusupov's Colle
Reply #2 - 05/08/09 at 16:10:53
Post Tools
Thanks. What skill level is the Davies dvd aimed at? I'd feel silly if I bought it and it was of those 1600-2000 type things.

IP Logged

dmp4373

I Love ChessPublishing!

Re: Yusupov's Colle
Reply #1 - 05/08/09 at 02:30:43
Post Tools
THE COLLE SYSTEM DVD by Nigel Davies is a good source for the discussion of an early c2-c4. Many times he points out how a Black set-up that works well against the standard Colle-Z is mis-aligned against the hanging pawns structure that results from White's c2-c4.

I used to hate the idea of c2-c4 because it meant I couldn't try for a Colle-Z type bind with the N on e5 supported by pawns on d4 and f4. Then I bought a book on hanging pawns, learned their strengths and weaknesses and now play c2-c4 with confidence.

I honestly believe the Colle Zuckertort/Yusupov is the best amateur opening out there. It's easy to learn and has the soundness and power of a main line GM opening.

IP Logged

miamisharks
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Yusupov's Colle
05/04/09 at 01:21:05
Post Tools
Hi guys,

It has recently come to my attention that GM Yusupov has played (and won) many games with the Colle and Zukertort systems. Can you recommend any sources for the study of his games in these lines?

PS: I'd also like to study games where he transposes to some sort of QID with an early c2-c4. Thanks very much.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo