Latest Updates:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Roman's analysis of the Pirc? (Read 17831 times)
FirebrandX

What would Houdini do?

Re: Roman's analysis of the Pirc?
Reply #3 - 05/07/09 at 06:44:59
Post Tools
Cool thanks for the info!

So I assume the book in question written by Vigus is The Pirc in Black & White, correct? I will check it out!

IP Logged

Bibs
God Member

Reply #2 - 05/07/09 at 05:16:59
Post Tools
This is covered in Vigus' pirc book and discussed here earlier. Tricky for the unwary, but defanged by Vigus.

Basically Davies has the Dzinzi stuff in his reti book. Look at that. Argument? Dunno - fisticuffs at dawn?

Dzinzi - the usual mix of good ideas, dynamic stuff, some decent analysis, claimed non-TNs, hyperbole, plus key omissions and stopping too early in important lines.

IP Logged

Zatara

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #1 - 05/07/09 at 02:18:34
Post Tools
Hi there,
Roman wrote a book with Lev ALburt where that system is recommened.  ALso Davies has a book on 1.Nf3 where he recommends that system as well.
cheers,
Zatara

IP Logged

FirebrandX

What would Houdini do?

Roman's analysis of the Pirc?
05/07/09 at 02:06:29
Post Tools
Can anyone provide access to the article & analysis called "Die Pirc Die"? The web site link for it is dead, and I'm really interested in reading up on the subject.

A friend of mine was telling me that Roman & Nigel Davies got into a debate over the validity of the Pirc, and that basically Roman won the debate (according to my friend). This is all based on the white system involving h3 and a timely a4. I've played against it myself using 7...Nc6 as per Davies suggestion and got a good middlegame, but I'm told Roman felt the move wasn't enough to account for white's active position. I'd very much like to see this article!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo