Latest Updates:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Computers, Analysis and Theory (Read 2737 times)
CraigEvans
God Member

If I can't sacrifice a
pawn, I'll throw my rook
in

Computers, Analysis and Theory
06/17/09 at 15:45:55
Post Tools
Edited:
Moderator's note:  The initial posts were modified by one moderator then removed by me.  Gambit started the thread with an off-color joke and then discussed his upcoming article about chess. I have removed references to that joke but left the chess content unchanged.~SF

Lev, I look forward to your article, but by this quote:

Quote:
Also, I answer my critics in that newsletter...

...that you don't just intend to take swipes at those who have posted analyses disproving the validity of your sacrifice, in a forum where they have no clear right to reply. That would be very disappointing.

Also, I wonder what place your personal opinion of computer analysis really has in an article on a chess opening, but any further discussion on that can wait until the article is seen and the context of the discussion can be observed. Again, I just hope it is done tastefully rather than being a swipe at all those who dare to use a computer to double-check ideas.
« Last Edit: 06/21/09 at 16:39:51 by Smyslov_Fan »  

"Give a man a pawn, and he'll smell a rat. Give a man a piece, and he'll smell a patzer." - Me.

"If others have seen further than me, it is because giants have been standing on my shoulders."
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo