Latest Updates:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) C25-C29: Martin's new Vienna Fritztrainer (Read 7822 times)
Schaakhamster
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Re: Martin's new Vienna Fritztrainer
Reply #1 - 06/24/09 at 04:32:33
Post Tools
at club level it would probably work quite nicely and it seems that he and Davies have covered almost every opening so leaving it out would be mean to the Vienna.

No seriously, why do you care? Nobody forces you to buy it...

IP Logged

ghenghisclown
God Member

Pedicare Vestri Latin

C25-C29: Martin's new Vienna Fritztrainer
06/24/09 at 01:44:41
Post Tools
The trend toward the Schiller oeuvre continues with a DVD on the Vienna presented by Martin.

http://www.newinchess.com/The_ABC_of_the_Vienna-p-2411&utm_campaign=2411_The_ABC...

I am extremely skeptical of the usefulness of this kind of opening. This seems more like a money-making thing than a legitimate exploration of a useful opening.

I don't know yet if it'll be a Vienna Gambit advocated, or something else (perhaps everything). It just strikes me as stupid and a waste of Fritztrainer software. Just look at the product description:

Quote:
Old fashioned? Certainly! Infrequent ? Definitely! Underestimated ? Without doubt! Dangerous? You must draw your own conclusions......
« Last Edit: 09/21/11 at 06:09:39 by Smyslov_Fan »  

"Experience is a dim lamp, which only lights the one who bears it."

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo