Latest Updates:
Normal Topic A Positional Line Against Grunfeld (Read 2113 times)
TicklyTim

can I take that back,
please...

Re: A Positional Line Against Grunfeld
Reply #2 - 07/08/09 at 14:25:18
Post Tools
If your playing the Nf3 c4 move order, the anti-grunfeld are supposed to be good right now.

If you're thinking of getting Avrukh's volume 2 then the fianchetto lines might be to your liking. (as hear this is what will be offered).

Exchange with Be3 you have to like early endgames. (if that's the line you're thinking?)
Finachetto lines are position and solid. Not to everyones taste as can be quite blocked.
Russian is positional but with a bit of theory thrown in. Perhaps less solid, but more aggressive.

The Bg5 line as given in the Grivas book is also positional and relatively solid.

IP Logged

sssthepro

I Love ChessPublishing!

Re: A Positional Line Against Grunfeld
Reply #1 - 07/08/09 at 14:05:06
Post Tools
No one? Sad

IP Logged

sssthepro

I Love ChessPublishing!

A Positional Line Against Grunfeld
07/06/09 at 04:52:19
Post Tools
Hi all,

I am looking for a positional line against the Grunfeld. I hope to find a line that is theoretically interesting and offers possibilities for White to play for a win. I don't mind if there is theory, but I would like positions that are more positional in nature.

Right now, I am deciding between the Be3 Grunfeld, the Russian Variation, the g3 variations, and the Anti-Grunfeld lines starting with Nf3, c4, Nc3 and Qa4 or Qb3. What do you guys think of these lines, and what do you think is the best to try out? If you guys have any other lines in mind, I am open to hearing them too.

Thanks Smiley

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo