Latest Updates:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) BDG update (Read 28089 times)
TonyRo
God Member

I'm gonna crack your skull!

Re: BDG update
Reply #22 - 09/19/09 at 22:43:24
Post Tools
Niiiiiice...thanks Tony! And interested he should be...it would be a nice tease for everyone who was thinking about buying his book.  Grin

IP Logged

GMTonyKosten
YaBB Administrator

Mr Dynamic?

Reply #21 - 09/19/09 at 12:31:11
Post Tools
TonyRo wrote on 09/18/09 at 18:38:44:
Can we get an "update update" Tony? Any idea as to who will be doing the next d-pawn specials update?

Christoph is interested in doing it.

IP Logged

Bibs
YaBB Moderator

Reply #20 - 09/18/09 at 23:28:15
Post Tools
Where's that fella Vlatko Kovacevic when you need him?
Contact details? Speaks/writes English?

Prie - president of Montpellier chess club? Congrats. Means he has to get there early to put the chairs out and open the bar on club night I imagine.

IP Logged

TonyRo
God Member

I'm gonna crack your skull!

Reply #19 - 09/18/09 at 18:38:44
Post Tools
Can we get an "update update" Tony? Any idea as to who will be doing the next d-pawn specials update?

IP Logged

Markovich
God Member

Reply #18 - 09/18/09 at 17:55:39
Post Tools
Markovich wrote on 09/16/09 at 15:51:47:
dmp4373 wrote on 09/16/09 at 04:43:04:
It's the LEV ZILBERMINT show!

Starring; LEV ZILVERMINT!

With tonight's very special guest; LEV ZILBERMINT!!!

Is that the forbidden name?

Actually, I think he'd do a good job and be entertaining doing so. Please don't shoot me!

Shoot?  Nothing of the kind!  You shall be flayed white being dusted with powdered salt and tiny bits of red-hot steel wool.

@Bibs: Lusty Zionist chess girls, what a notion.

"Flayed while," I meant to say.

The Great Oz has spoken!

IP Logged

dmp4373

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #17 - 09/18/09 at 14:45:30
Post Tools
Lusty Zionist chess girls?

I guess I should have properly vetted him before recommending he be appointed d-pawn specials Czar.

IP Logged

Markovich
God Member

Reply #16 - 09/16/09 at 15:51:47
Post Tools
dmp4373 wrote on 09/16/09 at 04:43:04:

Actually, I think he'd do a good job and be entertaining doing so. Please don't shoot me!

Shoot?  Nothing of the kind!  You shall be flayed white being dusted with powdered salt and tiny bits of red-hot steel wool.

@Bibs: Lusty Zionist chess girls, what a notion.

The Great Oz has spoken!

IP Logged

dmp4373

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #15 - 09/16/09 at 14:30:14
Post Tools
I would like to add one more thing and I mean no disrespect to Eric Prie by writing this. He's given extensive coverage of the London (which he plays), but what a breath of fresh air it is to finally gets some news on the Colle and hopefully other d-pawn openings.

IP Logged

dmp4373

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #14 - 09/16/09 at 14:25:02
Post Tools
Bibs wrote on 09/16/09 at 08:38:00:
Could he be trusted to not write some drivel about Zionism, girls in chess, lustiest Zionist chess girls on ICC, or something? Doubt it.

Commendable enthusiasm, but you cannot have an 1800 or whatever he is dishing out nonsense to paying customers.

While his ardour is commendable, his playing strength and bizarre rants suggest  he may not be an ideal choice for all.

At least an IM please. FMs no stronger than me, so a proper title ideally. Someone who plays this stuff.

Palliser? Always a reliable guide who does his research. Welling - an interesting, imaginative player but does he punt this? Scheerer - a oneoff BDG would be tolerable, but not too much please? One cannot and should not always pander to the lowest level of taste. Even Channel 4 took off Big Brother finally.

Ok... ok, maybe Lev wouldn't be such a good choice. You're right, people are paying money here so there has to be certain standards.

IP Logged

SWJediknight
God Member

Alert... opponent out
of book!

Reply #13 - 09/16/09 at 14:24:03
Post Tools
The BDG is a line prone to biased analysis- from both sides- so I think we would need someone with a reasonably unbiased view on the opening.

And I don't think LDZ is unbiased, somehow...

I agree that Christoph Scheerer sounds a good choice given that he's just written a book on the line.

IP Logged

flaviddude

I love ChessPublishing.com!

Reply #12 - 09/16/09 at 11:59:10
Post Tools
dmp4373 wrote on 09/15/09 at 14:42:46:
I don't see how Christoph Scheerer could not be the first choice. He just wrote a book on the subject. He's an IM. And, he's a member here. Who else could be better qualified?

I agree. I have his book 1...Play Nc6 and have tried his suggestions against 1.d4, 1.c4 and 1.Nf3 in some over the board games. The positions arising are totally different to those that arise in my normal repertoire and quite fascinating. I cannot comment on my correspondence games as they are still in progress. Christoph is a really interesting writer and I am sure that we bring a fresh look to the Blackmar-Diemer Gambit when his book is published. Meanwhile back at the Ranch I am looking at the games from the finals of the Blackmar-Diemer Gambit tournament. Be very wary in looking at the games. I have already found one game where white followed a line that has been discredited for some years. The good news is that antidotes may have been found to the c6 defences.

I am hopelessly addicted to the King's Gambit

IP Logged

Bibs
YaBB Moderator

Reply #11 - 09/16/09 at 08:38:00
Post Tools
Could he be trusted to not write some drivel about Zionism, girls in chess, lustiest Zionist chess girls on ICC, or something? Doubt it.

Commendable enthusiasm, but you cannot have an 1800 or whatever he is dishing out nonsense to paying customers.

While his ardour is commendable, his playing strength and bizarre rants suggest  he may not be an ideal choice for all.

At least an IM please. FMs no stronger than me, so a proper title ideally. Someone who plays this stuff.

Palliser? Always a reliable guide who does his research. Welling - an interesting, imaginative player but does he punt this? Scheerer - a oneoff BDG would be tolerable, but not too much please? One cannot and should not always pander to the lowest level of taste. Even Channel 4 took off Big Brother finally.

IP Logged

dmp4373

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #10 - 09/16/09 at 04:43:04
Post Tools

IP Logged

MNb
God Member

Rudolf Spielmann forever

Reply #9 - 09/16/09 at 04:19:20
Post Tools
If Scheerer/Wisnewski is not available you might try Gerard Welling.

The book had the effect good books usually have: it made the stupids more stupid, the intelligent more intelligent and the other thousands of readers remained unchanged.
GC Lichtenberg

IP Logged

trw
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #8 - 09/15/09 at 20:39:33
Post Tools
Markovich wrote on 09/15/09 at 15:26:16:
dmp4373 wrote on 09/15/09 at 14:42:46:
I don't see how Christoph Scheerer could not be the first choice. He just wrote a book on the subject. He's an IM. And, he's a member here. Who else could be better qualified?

Need I say the name?  I refrain from doing so lest I conjure his appearance here.

If he dares to appoint that "noname" I will ask for my money back. I will demand my money back.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo