Latest Updates:
Normal Topic Reversed Sicilian against the KID (Read 2301 times)
MNb
God Member

Rudolf Spielmann forever

Re: Reversed Sicilian against the KID
Reply #4 - 09/18/09 at 21:02:58
Post Tools
Good advice from Markovich indeed.
Instead let me kick in a few open doors.
As you already wrote: don't play x.d4 after Black's fianchetto. The English is totally respectable.
Try the Nf3, h3, Be3 and Qd2 system.
Change move order: 1.d4 and the Sämisch vs. the KID. Or are you that afraid of the QGA?

The book had the effect good books usually have: it made the stupids more stupid, the intelligent more intelligent and the other thousands of readers remained unchanged.
GC Lichtenberg

IP Logged

Markovich
God Member

Reply #3 - 09/18/09 at 17:50:16
Post Tools
Quote:
I'm fed up with the kid,
I play 1.Nf3 2.c4 move order against almost everything ...
I have played the fianchetto for a while now against the kid,
but in the end if black plays it right you have no advantage anywhere,
you can not even try to do something because black can take advantage of it, recently I looked up some games from higher league and calcutta, there weren't too many fianchettos scoring a full point, many even lost.
I just play reversed sicilian now, I don't do the kid'ers the favour to play d4 let them use their standard build up ...
something else I would like to play is the saemisch, but it is not possible with 1.Nf3 Sad,
or what also caught my eye is the classical variation with Ne1, f3, but after .. f5 you play g4

Good grief, why not just give up chess?  That'll show those KID'ers!

The Great Oz has spoken!

IP Logged

battleangel
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 09/18/09 at 14:43:28
Post Tools
maybe you are right,
I investigated into these systems and also the exchange variation today,
there is no easy play anywhere, though I like the saemisch a bit from its more aggressive and more open style, it is also not totally convicing and very complex, so I'll continue to play the fianchetto for now Smiley

IP Logged

kylemeister
God Member

Reply #1 - 09/17/09 at 23:31:54
Post Tools
The Fianchetto is quite a major system, so I don't think it's quite true that "you can not even try to do something," or that "White has no advantage anywhere" (he may not have any in the best-play lines, but that's true in other systems too).

IP Logged

battleangel
Ex Member

Reversed Sicilian against the KID
09/17/09 at 23:01:55
Post Tools
I'm fed up with the kid,
I play 1.Nf3 2.c4 move order against almost everything ...
I have played the fianchetto for a while now against the kid,
but in the end if black plays it right you have no advantage anywhere,
you can not even try to do something because black can take advantage of it, recently I looked up some games from higher league and calcutta, there weren't too many fianchettos scoring a full point, many even lost.
I just play reversed sicilian now, I don't do the kid'ers the favour to play d4 let them use their standard build up ...
something else I would like to play is the saemisch, but it is not possible with 1.Nf3 Sad,
or what also caught my eye is the classical variation with Ne1, f3, but after .. f5 you play g4

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo