Latest Updates:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Christoph's Gambit!? (Read 92781 times)
IM Christoph Wisnewski

International Master

Re: Christoph's Gambit!?
Reply #2 - 10/12/09 at 18:54:09
Post Tools
To clarify a few things:

I would have very much liked to do an update about the BDG, which is well deserved in my opinion and will certainly come rather sooner than later. However, my publisher does not want to see any content of my book on the web before it is going to be actually published.

And yes, in another thread people wondered if the book is going to be published at all. Well, it is. The ONLY reason why it is delayed so much is because I overstepped my initial deadline a full two months only to include stuff from this very forum. Something I was asked to do and something that I was glad to do.

So please, be patient - and in the meantime, enjoy some creativity in the Veresov Smiley

"Chess you don't learn, chess you understand!" (V. Korchnoi)
WWWICQ  
IP Logged

GMTonyKosten
YaBB Administrator

Mr Dynamic?

Re: Christoph's Gambit!?
Reply #1 - 10/12/09 at 17:42:07
Post Tools
It's because his editors didn't want him to use his BDG material before his BDG book was published, so we had to put the BDG update off to the 'October' update ... which might thus be a little late!

IP Logged

Matemax
God Member

Chesspub gives you strength!

Christoph's Gambit!?
10/12/09 at 16:26:42
Post Tools
Quote:
GM KOSTEN - BDG update
09/14/09 at 16:24:34  
Eric has just taken on some new responsibilities (President of Montpellier Echecs chess club!) which will be taking up a lot of his time and so I may have to find someone to replace him for a month or two, and in particular it would be nice to have a BDG update (with finally a clear refutation?!?) Roll Eyes
But who is qualified to write this update? Any ideas?

Searching for some replacement of Mr. Prie we finally got Mr. Scherer and were expecting the unbelievable - an update about the infamous BDG

But White (Scherer) declined the gambit move and went for the Veresov. I have to assume that the BDG is finally busted and not worth an update....

Maybe the content is well but the topic is failed - you know what you get in school for this ... Angry

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo