Latest Updates:
Normal Topic Exchange and Archangel/Moller (Read 4335 times)
lg
God Member

I love ChessPublishing.com!

Re: Exchange and Archangel/Moller
Reply #7 - 10/25/09 at 09:12:58
Post Tools
Actually, I would be interested in knowing whether there exists a book or DVD explaining the Moller/Archangel variation.
In fact, I would prefer something which would cover all the variations
where Black plays Bc5, from move 3 to move 6. etc.
I guess there are many transpositions.
As far as I know "play the Ruy Lopez" by A. Greet gives one line
against 3...Bc5 and 4...Bc5 but they are quite different since one of the lines uses the fact that White has not yet played Ba4.
The DW e4-e5 has a good chapter as poinbted in a previous post.
The book, Panczyk and Emms is too dense for what I for the moment.
Does anyone know whether the DVDs vy Shirov cover some of these lines?
Anyway, I wonder whether it would not be interesting to have a
Starting out book covering these lines against the RL

IP Logged

Markovich
God Member

Reply #6 - 10/24/09 at 10:48:58
Post Tools
Zatara wrote on 10/24/09 at 04:21:04:
I am sorry.  I have severe Obsessive Compulive disorder.  I take medication for it.  I apologise to everyone, especially TN and Markovic.  Since everyone seems to want me to stop posting I will.  
thanks and take care.
Bye,
Zatara

Dear chessfriend, please don't stop posting.  If you do, I'll feel terrible.  I regret having spoken so harshly.  I was playing the role of a coach, just saying, it's better to get started with some system that to keep fretting forever about whether it's the right one.  When we lose chess games, it's not because of our system, but because of our own weaknesses.

And when you post here, do something besides request summary information.  Talk about your own chess, you know?

The Great Oz has spoken!

IP Logged

TN
God Member

Reply #5 - 10/24/09 at 04:56:17
Post Tools
Zatara wrote on 10/24/09 at 04:21:04:
I am sorry.  I have severe Obsessive Compulive disorder.  I take medication for it.  I apologise to everyone, especially TN and Markovic.  Since everyone seems to want me to stop posting I will.  
thanks and take care.
Bye,
Zatara

Goodbye. Good luck with your opening repertoire chess.

@Markovich

Thank you for showing that Zatara was trolling; I admit that it completely escaped my consideration.

All our dreams come true if we have the courage to pursue them.

IP Logged

Zatara

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #4 - 10/24/09 at 04:21:04
Post Tools
I am sorry.  I have severe Obsessive Compulive disorder.  I take medication for it.  I apologise to everyone, especially TN and Markovic.  Since everyone seems to want me to stop posting I will. 
thanks and take care.
Bye,
Zatara

IP Logged

MNb
God Member

Rudolf Spielmann forever

Reply #3 - 10/23/09 at 16:19:34
Post Tools
Markovich wrote on 10/23/09 at 15:05:15:
Zatara, take up a system and use it for a while, for crying out loud.

For two years at least and preferably for six.
Thanks to Markovich for explaining why I don't feel like answering these eternal questions either.

The book had the effect good books usually have: it made the stupids more stupid, the intelligent more intelligent and the other thousands of readers remained unchanged.
GC Lichtenberg

IP Logged

Markovich
God Member

Reply #2 - 10/23/09 at 15:05:15
Post Tools
I feel that I waste my time advising Zatara, who seems perpetually to be changing his repetoire rather than getting down to business.  Only last week I replied to his inquiry about the Open wrote a generous explanation of what I understand to be some key ideas of that defense, and here he is with the new plan of adopting the Archangel.

Zatara, take up a system and use it for a while, for crying out loud.  I for one am not going to pay any more attention to your perpetual requests for summary information about this, that and the other opening system.  

Do you actually play chess, or do you just troll here and laugh when people spend their time answering your questions?

The Great Oz has spoken!

IP Logged

ih8sens
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #1 - 10/23/09 at 03:19:01
Post Tools
I can respond to your first question if nothing else.

The Ruy Exchange is a great way for white to play for a draw Tongue.  Black has minimal winning chances (keeping in mind both sides still retain chances).

The Bg4 (h3 h5!) lines are extremely sharp (entirely sound) and fairly practical at the non master level provided you're willing to learn the boatloads of theory.  If not, f6 and Bd6 are legitimate options (among other moves).

IP Logged

Zatara

I Love ChessPublishing!

Exchange and Archangel/Moller
10/20/09 at 20:13:37
Post Tools
Hi all,
I am wondering 2 things:
1. What is "best' vs the exchange Ruy Lopez?  I am thinking either Qf6 or Bd6!?!?
2. Archangel/moller stuff.  I have the archangel book ny Panczyk and Emms but it is old.  I also have Dangerous Weopons 1.e4 e5 covering the moller.  Besides Davies old CD on it is there any more info I can get about these systems???  I am planning on getting the Archangel DVD by Mikalishin!!!  Also any tips ect about these systems would be most appreciated.
Thanks,
Zatara

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo