Latest Updates:
Normal Topic Starting out 1.e4 recommendation looks lame (Read 1849 times)
TN
God Member

Re: Starting out 1.e4 recommendation looks lame
Reply #1 - 12/13/09 at 14:02:17
Post Tools
I don't have time to analyse in detail, but 7.f4!? was recommended in Dismantling the Sicilian and looks like a good try for an edge. A key game to examine from White's perspective is Iordachesu-Rublevsky, Tripoli 2004.

All our dreams come true if we have the courage to pursue them.

IP Logged

MemoryMaster

I Love ChessPublishing!

Starting out 1.e4 recommendation looks lame
12/13/09 at 13:41:18
Post Tools
I have a query about a suggestion in Niel McDonalds book.

After the following moves in the mainline Kan (see diagram) it recommends white to play Qe2 and Be3 to swap of blacks powerful bishop. To me however this looks more like a concession than real progress.

1. e4 c5 2. Nf3 e6 3. d4 cxd4 4. Nxd4 a6 5. Nc3 Qc7 6. Bd3 Nf6 7. O-O Bc5 8. Nb3 Ba7

The other moves that I find in databases are 9.Bg5 and 9.Qf3.

-9.Qf3 ooks premature to me, Nc6-Ne5 for starters.   

-9.Bg5 appears more logical in terms of exploiting the weakness of the bishop on a7 but there is Qe5 and it gets a little tricky to evaluate the position after 9...Qe5 10.Qd2 Nh5 11.Kh1 h6 12.Be3 g5 although I think I like white better because it is difficult to justify blacks kingside expansion and piece placement as he is very underdeveloped at the moment. The question is if black can ignore Bg5 and not play Qe5.

What about the Qe2, Be3 idea, is it the most logical despite it looking a bit like a concession?

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo