Latest Updates:
Normal Topic ChessBase/Fritz/Rybka help needed (Read 3689 times)
TimS

Re: ChessBase/Fritz/Rybka help needed
Reply #4 - 01/11/10 at 17:27:39
Post Tools
Got the download (used a free broadband hotspot).
All I need now is to find the Junior 10.1 patch that used to be available on the web but apparently no longer is.
Also, for some strange reason, although Rybka3 and Fritz11 will appear as engines in ChessBase they are nowhere to be seen when I run a Fritztrainer DVD.

IP Logged

TimS

Reply #3 - 01/10/10 at 11:27:24
Post Tools
Eureka! I have worked out how to install Rybka and it is working as an engine in CB9.
All I need do now is find out to get F11 as an engine in Fritz (but maybe I have to wait till I get broadband for an upgrade?)

IP Logged

TimS

Reply #2 - 01/10/10 at 10:53:55
Post Tools
TN wrote on 01/10/10 at 10:49:22:
I believe you have to do the 'Online Upgrade' for Fritz 11 or Rybka to be listed amongst the choice of engines (under 'Add Kibitzer').

If that doesn't work, then you should contact ChessBase and ask them for assistance.

Thanks, although I don't recall doing that on my old laptop.
Also, I still need advice on how to install Rybka in the first place!

IP Logged

TN
God Member

Reply #1 - 01/10/10 at 10:49:22
Post Tools
I believe you have to do the 'Online Upgrade' for Fritz 11 or Rybka to be listed amongst the choice of engines (under 'Add Kibitzer').

If that doesn't work, then you should contact ChessBase and ask them for assistance.

All our dreams come true if we have the courage to pursue them.

IP Logged

TimS

ChessBase/Fritz/Rybka help needed
01/10/10 at 10:40:27
Post Tools
I have taken the plunge and bought a new laptop (and ordered broadband to replace my home dial-up!).
I have installed CB9 successfully and have installed Junior 10 and Fritz 11 and can see their destop icons, but only Junior 10 shows up as an engine in CB.
Any advice on how to get F11 to appear as an engine?
Also, I've forgotten how to install Rybka 3. According to the official instructions, step one is "Copy the chess engine to a directory on your computer." How do I do that? (I have Windows 7).
Thanks.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo