Latest Updates:
Normal Topic May Update - Endgame annnotation now corrected? (Read 2343 times)
TopNotch
God Member

I only look 1 move ahead,
but its always the best

Re: May Update - Endgame annnotation now corrected?
Reply #2 - 05/23/10 at 06:15:35
Post Tools
Thanks Paddy.

Tops Smiley

The man who tries to do something and fails is infinitely better than he who tries to do nothing and succeeds - Lloyd Jones Smiley

IP Logged

Paddy
God Member

The truth will out!

Re: May Update - Endgame annnotation now corrected?
Reply #1 - 05/23/10 at 00:02:43
Post Tools
A good question. Which game was it and where is the corrected version? Dunno. I had to delve into the April games and eventually (with engine help of course) I worked out that in
[Event "Angora GM Schev"]
[Site "Ankara TUR"]
[Date "2010.02.24"]
[Round "6"]
[White "Yakovich, Yur"]
[Black "Erdogdu, M."]
[Result "1-0"]

there is a point in the endgame (about which Gawain writes  "Black survives for a long time but the result is never really in doubt" - oops, wrong...) when it seems Black could have saved the game: 39 c6? was a blunder, allowing 39...h4 which the engine says is equal. OK, this was probably easy to overlook, since White did indeed seem to be cruising to victory.

Generally G's annotations are very good, as far as I can see at my relative patzer level.

I do wish though that there was greater interactivity in this section. For instance, I've sent material to CW and it seems to just disappear into a black hole. And my impression is that it is rare for anything mentioned on the forum to be picked up in an update.

IP Logged

TopNotch
God Member

I only look 1 move ahead,
but its always the best

May Update - Endgame annnotation now corrected?
05/20/10 at 22:21:22
Post Tools
Chris states in the lead in to the May 2010 update that an endgame annotation from the previous month's update has now been corrected. Where is the correction, did I miss it?

Can anyone here who subscribes to this section clarify the issue for me.

Many thanks in advance.

Toppy  Huh   

The man who tries to do something and fails is infinitely better than he who tries to do nothing and succeeds - Lloyd Jones Smiley

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo