Latest Updates:
Normal Topic Help with a Ruy Lopez book (Read 2600 times)
Göran

ChessPublishing is great!

Re: Help with a Ruy Lopez book
Reply #3 - 06/12/10 at 14:38:49
Post Tools
Thanks a lot! I really appreciate your help. I will try to find it. At Alibris you usually find what you need.

edit:
Found several old on Amazon.com to a reasonable price.

Ye, and Tony Kosten is guilty to "Mastering the Nimzo-Indian: With the Read and Play Method (Mastering the Openings) - Paperback (6 Jun 1998)

Which I also had and read a lot and really apprecited

What kind of proof is that?

IP Logged

proustiskeen
YaBB Moderator

Hello from Omaha!

Reply #2 - 06/12/10 at 14:10:25
Post Tools
Mastering the Spanish with the Read and Play method, by Daniel King and Pietro Ponzetto.  It's similar to the book by Bellin and Ponzetto on the King's Indian.  Both are very, very useful, and hard to find.

IP Logged

mangler

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #1 - 06/12/10 at 14:08:19
Post Tools
Sounds like Mastering the Spanish with the read and play method by King and Ponzetto.

IP Logged

Göran

ChessPublishing is great!

Help with a Ruy Lopez book
06/12/10 at 13:56:11
Post Tools
I wonder if anyone could help me to find title and author of a book that I miss a lot.

When I quitted chess 25 years ago I sold almost all of my chess books.  Six  years  ago when I was sure never  to take up chess again I sold the rest of my chess books and the book I now am looking for was exposed to that last and final weeding. I bought some books in the meantime because I just couldn’t resist so the book could be and probably is much newer than 25 years.

The book was a paperback, probably green cover. It was about Ray Lopez and was not organized according to variations but to pawn structure. Different Lopez Variations that conventionally (then and now) is treated separately was discussed together if they had a similar pawn structure.
At the time I was a 1.Nf3 player but liked to play Ruy Lopez as White in corr. (good old fashion postmail) and that book helped me a lot to a better understanding of Ruy Lopez.

I would appreciate it a lot if anyone could have a clue about the name and/or author of that book. I really would like to own it again.

What kind of proof is that?

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo