Latest Updates:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) GM Repertoire KID! (Read 82938 times)
Ender

I Love ChessPublishing!

Re: GM Repertoire KID!
Reply #37 - 01/22/12 at 21:56:28
Post Tools
This repertoire is for grandmasters, because I dont know even one international master who needs couple houndrets pages of theory. They will be outdated in few months anyway, so what for?
Isn't better to do normal 1 book repertoire for anyone? Which amateur needs 3 vols?

2200. Amateur!

Ametanoitos
God Member

The road to success is
under construction

Reply #36 - 01/22/12 at 21:31:12
Post Tools
Who knows? Maybe one volume will be only the Clascical bit it is too early to talk about page counting and stuff. And remember, this is an "active" repertoire, meaning that Kotronias is playing now these lines and we expect games from him with this repertoire soon. So, i dont really know when the QC team will decide to take his last version of analysis and make it a book (or 3 books). It is going to be fantastic if it happens in the end, so every wait is worth it. For now i think that Vigorito's 2 volumes are enough study material for KID practisioners.

IP Logged

Gilchrist is a legend
God Member

Reply #35 - 01/22/12 at 20:00:37
Post Tools
So one volume is at least 600 pages? That seems like this will be the second largest GM Repertoire series, after Aagaard's 1. e4 repertoires.

Creo lo que creo no importa lo que creen los demás.

IP Logged

Ametanoitos
God Member

The road to success is
under construction

Reply #34 - 01/22/12 at 19:22:11
Post Tools
He said to us in Porto Carras that only his "Classical Variation" chapter was over 600 pages! Imagine how Jacob felt! Cheesy

IP Logged

Gilchrist is a legend
God Member

Reply #33 - 01/22/12 at 07:44:33
Post Tools
Three volumes is a lot, I suppose was split from two to three as Avrukh's Grünfeld books were split from one to two. I am sure just as how Avrukh plays the Grünfeld regularly, then Κοτρωνιάς (somehow my installed Greek keyboard did not type it out correctly) books will be great as well.

IP Logged

Ametanoitos
God Member

The road to success is
under construction

Reply #32 - 01/22/12 at 05:24:10
Post Tools
I am not sure when these books will come out and if they'll be out at the same time. I guess that they we'll out either at the roughly the same time, or very close one with another. Better ask Jacob about that. And yes Kotronias (or "Κοτρωνιάς" in Greek) will be the author.

IP Logged

Gilchrist is a legend
God Member

Reply #31 - 01/22/12 at 01:19:35
Post Tools
Ametanoitos wrote on 01/21/12 at 20:05:20:
It is going to be at least 3 volumes! The quality of the work is simply beyong anything you could imagine! Sorry for my enthousiasm but this work really deserves the wait.

Is Κοτρονιασ the author of these King's Indian volumes by Quality Chess?

IP Logged

LostTactic

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #30 - 01/21/12 at 22:16:51
Post Tools
Ametanoitos wrote on 01/21/12 at 20:05:20:
It is going to be at least 3 volumes! The quality of the work is simply beyong anything you could imagine! Sorry for my enthousiasm but this work really deserves the wait.

Do you know roughly when they will come out? And if all 3 will come out at the same time? thanks.

IP Logged

Ametanoitos
God Member

The road to success is
under construction

Reply #29 - 01/21/12 at 20:05:20
Post Tools

IP Logged

saubhikr

Chess is a cruel game
but I still love it

Reply #28 - 01/01/12 at 17:33:38
Post Tools
What is the last word on this? Are these KID books coming up from Quality Chess?

IP Logged

dfan
God Member

"When you see a bad move,
look for a better one"

Reply #27 - 03/03/11 at 16:03:06
Post Tools
Smyslov_Fan wrote on 03/03/11 at 13:52:56:
I don't think I've ever seen a two-volume repertoire book devoted to a single opening like the KID from the Black side before.

Now you will see two! Vigorito's KID repertoire is 2 volumes too.

IP Logged

Smyslov_Fan
God Member
Correspondence fan

Progress depends on the
unreasonable man. ~GBS

Reply #26 - 03/03/11 at 13:52:56
Post Tools
Two volumes seems like quite a bit of material for a repertoire book for Black against the KID.

I have Nunn's two volumes on the Classical KID, but that wasn't a repertoire book.

I don't think I've ever seen a two-volume repertoire book devoted to a single opening like the KID from the Black side before.

IP Logged

Ametanoitos
God Member

The road to success is
under construction

Reply #25 - 03/03/11 at 13:13:45
Post Tools
No, Kotronias is going to write 2 volumes in the GM Rep series on the KID

IP Logged

gramsci

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #24 - 03/03/11 at 09:37:07
Post Tools
Ametanoitos wrote on 09/27/10 at 17:10:48:
I dont' really think that Kotronias is going to cover the Nbd7 lines because he has much more to say in the Nc6 lines and also because the Nbd7 lines are indeed inferior! White has a great possition if he knows one or two things the great masters of the past knew and tha't why the Nbd7 lines were dismissed. Now that the secrets of the past are well forgotten these lines have an undeservly come back!

I think that you haven't realised yet how big news this book brings. Many of you don't know Kotronias or you have simply hear him as an "average" 2600 player. According to Short (and everyone else that knows who Kotronias is) he is much much better analyst than a player. His ideas, level of preparation and chess understanding are legendary in Greece. No one would ever expect to see Kotronias' "secret files" especialy on the KID! An opening he plays all of his life and have thought to many GM's.

The Grandmaster Battle Manual by Vassilios Kotronias (Quality Chess): is this the book you are talking about?
Anyone knows when GM Repertoire KID Vol. II will be released?

IP Logged

Jay

Reply #23 - 01/27/11 at 14:25:32
Post Tools
Chazy wrote on 01/27/11 at 11:15:11:
TN wrote on 01/26/11 at 23:02:14:
Jay wrote on 01/26/11 at 19:59:42:
I am conflicted on the whole QualityChess books.  Don't get me wrong; they are fantastic, but I have to be honest:  They would be better if I could get them in CBV.  It is just so much easier to play through on a computer than book/actual chess set.  I emailed Aagaard on this, and they have no intention of producing anything chessbase compatible unless chessbase does something about its lack of security.  It is simply too easy to share on various peer to peer networks.  I would love to trade my GM Repertoire I and II for an ebook version, but it will not happen at least in the foreseable future.  Even so I will probably buy both paperbacks, but I would prefer them in ebook.

My solution to this problem was simple: I entered all the lines into my computer. I didn't bother including the explanatory prose, and sometimes didn't include any annotation symbols. Yes, it takes time, but you can't expect to master a GM Repertoire in five hours.

Alternatively you can only enter the bolded moves, since the Introduction states that GMs tend to only memorise the bolded moves and use the variations as explanations.

Or you can just copy the whole book yourself and make an e-book version of it, like I did! Cheesy

How long did it take you?  I have started that before, but I never get more than a chapter in.  I think entering only the bold with comments to page numbers might work for me because the optimal solution ( sharing the computer files so that we do not all have to repeat the same activities) is illegal.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo