Latest Updates:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) 1.e4 c5 2.Nf3 g6 move order pros and cons (Read 16199 times)
Paddy
God Member

The truth will out!

Re: 1.e4 c5 2.Nf3 g6 move order pros and cons
Reply #1 - 07/10/10 at 10:03:29
Post Tools
Laramonet wrote on 07/09/10 at 15:42:13:
What are the pros and cons to this move order for the accelerated dragon ? I'm interested in it to avoid having to face the Rossolimo, one of my favourite lines as White. For 3.c3, d5 seems a good answer but I also have enjoyed 3.d4 cd 4.Qd4 as White on the two occasions I've played it. What views do more experienced accelerated dragons players have ?

I would strongly recommend consulting IM Andrew Greet's excellent book on the Accelerated Dragon; there is an excellent discussion of the pros and cons of the 2...g6 move order there, and good treatment of White's extra options against 2...g6.

IP Logged

Laramonet

Gwyddbwll am byth !

1.e4 c5 2.Nf3 g6 move order pros and cons
07/09/10 at 15:42:13
Post Tools
What are the pros and cons to this move order for the accelerated dragon ? I'm interested in it to avoid having to face the Rossolimo, one of my favourite lines as White. For 3.c3, d5 seems a good answer but I also have enjoyed 3.d4 cd 4.Qd4 as White on the two occasions I've played it. What views do more experienced accelerated dragons players have ?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo