Latest Updates:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) New Vigorito's book (Read 101852 times)
Takeback_2
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Re: New Vigorito's book
Reply #51 - 12/02/10 at 13:25:57
Post Tools
Will there be coverage of anti-KI lines in either volume?

IP Logged

Ametanoitos
God Member

The road to success is
under construction

Reply #50 - 11/22/10 at 23:37:03
Post Tools
In this video Kotronias "explains" why he has never reached 2700. He says: "that's my style! I always blunder!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4Kx30flCwI

OK, let's go back to Vigorito now. If anyone has his book he can answer me this question. What is the level of analysis? I saw in the pdfs in the Everyman site that he stops to early the variations sometimes without a clear plan indicated and comments like "with unclear play" etc. Does he do the same in other parts of the book?

IP Logged

Alias
God Member

Reply #49 - 11/22/10 at 09:57:26
Post Tools
Raffie wrote on 11/22/10 at 08:33:45:
I was a little bit unclear in my post. I meant is it worth buying the Vigorito book for me while I have already Bologan ,Gufeld and beating the KID?
I ask this question because all the variations in this new book are covered in the above mentioned books.

At 2300 you should be able to tell if you're happy with Bologan and older books or not. The Vigorito and Kotronias books will most surely look at other lines than Bologan. It's up to you to choose who to trust. I'm quite sure that both Vigorito and Kotronias are as thorough as Bologan.

Don't check me with no lightweight stuff.

IP Logged

Raffie
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #48 - 11/22/10 at 08:33:45
Post Tools
I was a little bit unclear in my post. I meant is it worth buying the Vigorito book for me while I have already Bologan ,Gufeld and beating the KID?
I ask this question because all the variations in this new book are covered in the above mentioned books.

IP Logged

TonyRo
God Member

I'm gonna crack your skull!

Reply #47 - 11/21/10 at 23:22:44
Post Tools
Once it comes out, I'm sure it will be fantastic. Not only is Kotronias an expert on the KID, he's also a fantastic writer and analyst.

IP Logged

Raffie
YaBB Newbies

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #46 - 11/21/10 at 21:52:10
Post Tools
I'm a 2300 player and I play the kings indian all my life with ups and downs. I based my reportoire on several old books and in recent years by 'the art of the kings indian' of Gufeld and the Bologan book.
I am planning to buy the book of Kotronias, does anyone recommend this book?

IP Logged

gramsci

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #45 - 11/17/10 at 14:54:18
Post Tools
TN wrote on 11/17/10 at 14:32:23:
gramsci wrote on 11/17/10 at 14:22:10:
I've already got the 1st vol. Are there means of knowing with some deatil the contents of the 2nd vol.? I had though of giving up KID for the Semi-Slav or Modenr Benoni but Vigorito's book have recovered my faith on it. I want to work on KID lines again and I'd like to know what are the repertoire recommendations of the 2nd volume while I wait eager it will be out for buying. Thanks and excuse my poor english. I do my best.

What is your opinion of the first volume? What readership is it aimed at? How detailed is the theory? Is there an appropriate balance between prose and variations? And is it worth buying for someone with a ChessPublishing subscription and several books on the King's Indian?

I've liked Vigorito's other books very much, so I have high hopes for this tome as well.

If you liked "Play the Semi-Slav" buy this one. I think it's in the same line. I don't know if it's worth for GM but it's enough for me (2100). I've bought all the KID books there are in the market and my first impression is this is one of the best. It provides more verval explanations than Bologan's book and I'm seriously thinking give up c5 gambit in the Samisch and play the Panno.

IP Logged

TN
God Member

Reply #44 - 11/17/10 at 14:32:23
Post Tools
gramsci wrote on 11/17/10 at 14:22:10:
I've already got the 1st vol. Are there means of knowing with some deatil the contents of the 2nd vol.? I had though of giving up KID for the Semi-Slav or Modenr Benoni but Vigorito's book have recovered my faith on it. I want to work on KID lines again and I'd like to know what are the repertoire recommendations of the 2nd volume while I wait eager it will be out for buying. Thanks and excuse my poor english. I do my best.

What is your opinion of the first volume? What readership is it aimed at? How detailed is the theory? Is there an appropriate balance between prose and variations? And is it worth buying for someone with a ChessPublishing subscription and several books on the King's Indian?

I've liked Vigorito's other books very much, so I have high hopes for this tome as well.

All our dreams come true if we have the courage to pursue them.

IP Logged

gramsci

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #43 - 11/17/10 at 14:22:10
Post Tools

IP Logged

Gilchrist is a legend
God Member

Reply #42 - 11/08/10 at 03:34:05
Post Tools
I just ordered the book from London Chess Centre. Is this Attacking Chess series of Everyman similar to Quality Chess's Grandmaster Repertoire series?

Creo lo que creo no importa lo que creen los demás.

IP Logged

gramsci

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #41 - 11/05/10 at 22:48:39
Post Tools
Do you know what will Vigorito recomend against the Four Pawns Attack: 6...c5 or 6...Na6?

IP Logged

Alias
God Member

Reply #40 - 11/04/10 at 15:12:42
Post Tools
gramsci wrote on 11/04/10 at 15:11:27:
I've just ordered the 1st vol. Do you know when it is suppoused to be released volume 2?

May, next year. http://www.everymanchess.com/chess/books/Attacking_Chess%3A_The_King%27s_Indian%...

Don't check me with no lightweight stuff.

IP Logged

gramsci

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #39 - 11/04/10 at 15:11:27
Post Tools
I've just ordered the 1st vol. Do you know when it is suppoused to be released the 2nd volume?

IP Logged

rossia

Saw: "Game Over!"

Reply #38 - 11/04/10 at 09:09:54
Post Tools
The book is out!!!

Did anybody buy it?

What are the first impressions regarding content, layout, quality of paper and size?

IP Logged

fluffy

International Master

Reply #37 - 10/27/10 at 18:45:44
Post Tools
spagh3tti wrote on 10/20/10 at 23:26:59:
Anyone knows if lines where White delays Nge2 are covered? because from the header of the chapter it seems to be all coming from 7.Nge2

it's all in Chapter 20 Panno: Other Lines

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo