Latest Updates:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11
Topic Tools
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) New Vigorito's book (Read 102108 times)
Ametanoitos
God Member

The road to success is
under construction

Re: New Vigorito's book
Reply #66 - 12/27/10 at 07:58:18
Post Tools
@Tony:

Wasn't Semkov's line against ...Na6 busted here on chesspub? I think also that Watson in his MCO Vol2 had a nice suggestion for White against ...Na6

@fluffy:

I agree with you. I just wanted to know if you know the refutation of Nataf's ...Rb8 move. Usually you look at every detail that's why you are so trustfull as an author Smiley.

The idea of 12...Rb8 is to play ...h6 Ne6 Bxe6 dxe6 Qc8 and if Nd5 (the typical reaction to this sequence) just Qxe6 as now Nxc7 is not with tempo on the Ra8. Also the b7 pawn is protected. It is a nice way to avoid tons of theory after 12...c6 and, as i said, i don't know of a strong line for White yet! I had prepared the line 12...c6 13.Qb3 in the past for White and i was happy with it but i was stuck in this 12...Rb8!?

IP Logged

TonyRo
God Member

I'm gonna crack your skull!

Reply #65 - 12/27/10 at 02:48:45
Post Tools
PatzerNoster wrote on 12/26/10 at 22:57:36:
@Markovich: which variation would you suggest for white to aim for an advantage after 6. ... Na6 ?
I have played it for some time now on the black side and always felt very comfortable.
I would also be surprised if white had a way to a theoretical advantage.

I would be willing to bet most people now refer to the Semkov book for an advantage here, which is quite good. I think that was the line (at least up until a point) mentioned previously in S.Williams - M.Hebden.

IP Logged

fluffy

International Master

Reply #64 - 12/26/10 at 23:49:55
Post Tools
Four Pawns will be ...c5, not ...Na6.

I do not know about this move ...Rb8 in the Bayonet. The books are based on main lines (which are much less likely to be refuted), not odd little side weapons. There are a few little suggestions here for secondary weapons, but ...Rb8 does not happen to be one of them. that does not mean you cannot follow the developments yourself (or on chesspub) though!

IP Logged

PatzerNoster

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #63 - 12/26/10 at 22:57:36
Post Tools
@Markovich: which variation would you suggest for white to aim for an advantage after 6. ... Na6 ?
I have played it for some time now on the black side and always felt very comfortable.
I would also be surprised if white had a way to a theoretical advantage.

IP Logged

Markovich
God Member

Reply #62 - 12/26/10 at 17:36:42
Post Tools
ANDREW BRETT wrote on 12/23/10 at 09:07:10:
I'd be surprised if na6 is the answer to the 4PA. Mark Hebden has struggled against Simon Williams in this.

Having played the White side of the 4PA for years, I feel sure of my opinion that the main line of the 4PA, 6...c5 7.d5 e6 8.Be2 exd5 9.cxd5 Re8, is Black's strongest, and also that it's fully adequate for Black.  The only drawback is the practical one that it requires learning a good deal of theory for a line that doesn't come up that often.  If White wants to try to demonstrate a theoretical advantage, he needs to look at 8.dxe6 instead of 8.Be2, an area where the pros and cons of things are still being disputed.

Other Black systems against the 4PA offer, in my view, at least slightly better chances to White.  I'm not saying that 6...Na6 loses by force or anything, just that it's not as good as 6...c5.

So I think that the 4PA is no theoretical challenge to the KID, but that it's a serious practical challenge nevertheless.  It appears that it's also a serious practical challenge to KID book authors (or maybe their editors), who don't seem to be willing to expend the space necessary to lay out the theory of the main line.

The Great Oz has spoken!

IP Logged

Ametanoitos
God Member

The road to success is
under construction

Reply #61 - 12/26/10 at 17:00:18
Post Tools
Hello my friends

I recently received Vigorito's recent books on the Marshall and the King's Indian and i have to say that i am pleased with both of them.

As for the KID book i have to say that i'd like some new ideas of the author to be analysed in greater depth. Also i would very much like to see another recommendation against the Bayonet! Also what is wrong with Nataf's 12...Rb8 in the variation  9.b4 Nh5 10.Re1 f5 11.Ng5 Nf6 12.Bf3? Vigorito says in page 106: "...12...c6...The only other sensible continuation is 12...fxe4...etc" . Isn't 12...Rb8 viable and sensible?

IP Logged

ANDREW BRETT
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #60 - 12/23/10 at 09:07:10
Post Tools
I'd be surprised if na6 is the answer to the 4PA. Mark Hebden has struggled against Simon Williams in this.

IP Logged

TonyRo
God Member

I'm gonna crack your skull!

Reply #59 - 12/21/10 at 01:21:54
Post Tools
Gilchrist is a legend wrote on 12/20/10 at 23:48:36:
@fluffy: Do you know what you will recommend against the Fianchetto Variation, Four Pawns, Averbakh, etc. in Volume 2?

I'm going to guess (just for gambling's sake) and say 6...Nc6 and 7...a6 unless he improves on existing Gallagher analysis, and 6...Na6!? against the 4PA.

IP Logged

Gilchrist is a legend
God Member

Reply #58 - 12/20/10 at 23:48:36
Post Tools
@fluffy: Do you know what you will recommend against the Fianchetto Variation, Four Pawns, Averbakh, etc. in Volume 2?

Creo lo que creo no importa lo que creen los demás.

IP Logged

ANDREW BRETT
God Member

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #57 - 12/17/10 at 17:29:13
Post Tools
It's pretty good as a suggested repertoire on the KID (you may not like everything but the KID does offer a wide choice). Samisch 6 be3 nc6 is Fluffy's choice but it seems to me that this line is not so good for Black but he does have some new ideas.
You might need some illustrative games to get the feel for the KID as much of this book is variation orientated.
I'd say ELO 1900 upwards to 2300 is the target range.

IP Logged

rossia

Saw: "Game Over!"

Reply #56 - 12/15/10 at 10:53:25
Post Tools
Come on friends, please answer the following:

a) do you like book layout?
b) quality of the paper compared with Quality Chess books?
c) explanations and conclusions?
d) estimated stregth: Elo 2000-2300?
e) why is this book unique?

My copy comes for Cristmas so I want to hear your thoughts before I make my own impression.

Thanks  Cool

IP Logged

fluffy

International Master

Reply #55 - 12/04/10 at 13:55:42
Post Tools
Templare2 wrote on 12/04/10 at 13:37:51:
The Saemisch with Bg5 will be found in the next book?

no, it is in Volume I.

IP Logged

Templare2

Mess with the best, die
like the rest

Reply #54 - 12/04/10 at 13:37:51
Post Tools
The Saemisch with Bg5 will be found in the next book?

"Forza e onore!"

IP Logged

Glenn Snow
God Member

Reply #53 - 12/02/10 at 19:02:15
Post Tools
Quote:
OK, let's go back to Vigorito now. If anyone has his book he can answer me this question. What is the level of analysis? I saw in the pdfs in the Everyman site that he stops to early the variations sometimes without a clear plan indicated and comments like "with unclear play" etc. Does he do the same in other parts of the book?

Sometimes he does but I got the impression that although it was still unclear he was generally satisfied with Black's position.  In an opening like the King's Indian I think that's usually a satisfactory result.  I haven't seriously looked at the book's analysis but the browsing I have done gives me a favorable impression.  If he extended the analysis much further the book's size would have been unmanageable.

IP Logged

fluffy

International Master

Reply #52 - 12/02/10 at 18:40:30
Post Tools
Takeback_2 wrote on 12/02/10 at 13:25:57:
Will there be coverage of anti-KI lines in either volume?

No, because Everyman already has Dembo's "Beating the Anti-King's Indians" and it meshes well with ACKI 1 & 2.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo