Latest Updates:
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) New Dragon book (Read 5821 times)
TN
God Member

Re: New Dragon book
Reply #10 - 10/17/10 at 08:59:58
Post Tools
Will Schiller cover the Dragadorf? There's plenty of analysis in 'The New Sicilian Dragon' just begging to be replicated, with a few unannotated rapid games thrown in.

All our dreams come true if we have the courage to pursue them.

IP Logged

clickclick

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #9 - 10/17/10 at 07:21:43
Post Tools
The original Dragon book belongs to Eduard Gufeld. Schiller just updates and reprints that to make money. A shame that himself does not contribute. [/quote]

Not so big a shame as both authors usually publish crap anyways.

IP Logged

bragesjo
God Member

CCE at ICCF 2021

Reply #8 - 10/16/10 at 17:32:41
Post Tools
We simply has to hope that he adds the things I listed.

The original edition did have a Hall of fame where annotaed games where at and it also needs to be updated with at least Carlsen,Radjabov and Gashimov. Perhaps even with Timofeev and Guseinov.

But if chanses for all things coming to this update is being very small. Also if I was unclear about my description of first edition, it covers all major attacking, defencing a positional themes for both sides (while new attacking themes has emerged in for exampel chinese dragon and positional themes in 9 0-0-0 d5 12 Bd4 line) and at that time of writing Gufeld was actually depressed of 9 0-0-0 d5 10 Kb1.

IP Logged

XChess1971

Born with a Dragon Book!

Reply #7 - 10/14/10 at 05:56:58
Post Tools
Glenn Snow wrote on 10/14/10 at 05:47:16:
bragesjo wrote on 10/01/10 at 14:17:42:
I have the original editon.That book was actually not that bad. The book was not a theory book nor repertoire book but rather an idea book. Only thing missing in first edition was chinese dragon and some other hot stuff. It also had several annotated games but that section was not that usefull and most games uniteresting and analysis not that usefull. I think that he has update the book with ideas like chinese dragon, bjerring variation, a6 i Bc4 yugoslav, maybee Burnett varation ,Carlsens Bxd4 Bxb4 Qb6 Na4 Qc7 and finnally 9 0-0-0 Kb1 10 Kb1 stuff with exf6.

But I had rather seen Golubev releasing an new repertoire book.

There is certainly enough new Dragon material out there to merit a new book. 
Frankly if Schiller simply added bragesjo's
analysis alone he would have a fairly decent book.

The original Dragon book belongs to Eduard Gufeld. Schiller just updates and reprints that to make money. A shame that himself does not contribute.

IP Logged

Glenn Snow
God Member

Reply #6 - 10/14/10 at 05:47:16
Post Tools
bragesjo wrote on 10/01/10 at 14:17:42:
I have the original editon.That book was actually not that bad. The book was not a theory book nor repertoire book but rather an idea book. Only thing missing in first edition was chinese dragon and some other hot stuff. It also had several annotated games but that section was not that usefull and most games uniteresting and analysis not that usefull. I think that he has update the book with ideas like chinese dragon, bjerring variation, a6 i Bc4 yugoslav, maybee Burnett varation ,Carlsens Bxd4 Bxb4 Qb6 Na4 Qc7 and finnally 9 0-0-0 Kb1 10 Kb1 stuff with exf6.

There is certainly enough new Dragon material out there to merit a new book. 
Frankly if Schiller simply added bragesjo's
analysis alone he would have a fairly decent book.

IP Logged

TN
God Member

Reply #5 - 10/13/10 at 10:34:21
Post Tools
Can I get a hardcover copy? My hardcover copy of Grandmaster Repertoire: The Caro-Kann needs some company with the best of Quantity Chess.

All our dreams come true if we have the courage to pursue them.

IP Logged

STEFANOS

I Love ChessPublishing!

Reply #4 - 10/13/10 at 10:24:55
Post Tools
Schiller books have a very low quality it is like a database "copy paste" -as previously  written- procedure, like the other Russian guy Kalinichenko ( sorry if I wrote it wrongly). In our days it is very difficult to write a decent book on the Dragon even more difficult to create a decent DVD. Dearing's book was the last good ( even Tiviakov completely buried that book). And on the accelarated Dragon Silman and Donandlson, Plus Greet's Starting out books are simply outstanding, especially Greet's amazing effort and work.

IP Logged

bragesjo
God Member

CCE at ICCF 2021

Reply #3 - 10/01/10 at 14:17:42
Post Tools

« Last Edit: 10/01/10 at 20:07:49 by MNb »  
IP Logged

XChess1971

Born with a Dragon Book!

Reply #2 - 10/01/10 at 05:38:42
Post Tools
BlkSabb wrote on 09/30/10 at 18:28:17:
Secrets of the Sicilian Dragon Revised by Eric Schiller
http://www.amazon.com/Secrets-Sicilian-Dragon-Revised-Schiller/dp/1580422799/ref...

I never buy his books. He simply does a copy and paste. But no improvements of his own.

IP Logged

TonyRo
God Member

I'm gonna crack your skull!

Reply #1 - 09/30/10 at 20:03:50
Post Tools
Yay.  Sad

IP Logged

BlkSabb

I love ChessPublishing.com!

New Dragon book
09/30/10 at 18:28:17
Post Tools
Secrets of the Sicilian Dragon Revised by Eric Schiller
http://www.amazon.com/Secrets-Sicilian-Dragon-Revised-Schiller/dp/1580422799/ref...

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo