Latest Updates:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) C25: Fyfe Gambit. (Read 17651 times)
Hadron

Doctor, Doctor, Doctor..When
will you ever learn?

C25: Fyfe Gambit.
04/02/11 at 23:11:59
Post Tools
He's Back!
Anyways punters, a request for some assistance if I may. I am a big fan of chess history as it relates to the playing of the game (i.e. old analysis and the like).
At the moment I am wondering if anyone out there can help with the 'Fyfe Gambit'. All I have been able to find out to date is that 1.e4 e5 2.Nc3 Nc6 3.d4 is attributed to the scottish player Peter Fyfe (1854 - 1940) who analysed it in a chess column of the 'Glasgow Weekly Herald' in 1883.
If anyone oot there has any analysis from old books or any other old sources would be cool. Maybe we could exchange email address?... But please don't bother with any sort of chess engine analysis, I have Fritzs 5 through 10 (plus a few others) and they largely say the same thing that Fyfe's idea is a load of bollicks (but what do these digital demons know?).
Thanks
HTH
(Go Kiwi!!)
« Last Edit: 07/17/11 at 18:55:53 by Smyslov_Fan »  

I'm reminded again of something Short wrote recently, approximately "The biggest fallacy in chess is the quasi-religious belief in the primacy of the opening."

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo