Latest Updates:
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Should E.Dearing update his book? (Read 13874 times)
TopNotch
God Member

I only look 1 move ahead,
but its always the best

Re: Refutation Claim based on 9. 0-0-0
Reply #3 - 03/30/11 at 23:02:51
Post Tools
Edward_Dearing wrote on 03/30/11 at 13:47:06:
Heh.  Thanks for the interest in the book.  2nd edition is a tricky one.  There's obviously a case for updating several chapters, however the bulk of the book is still pretty current, so the question is really whether readers would get value out of revisions to just the key chapters. 

I may be taking time out from law to do an MBA next year, so in theory I would have time to write a second edition.  If enough people are interested I wouldn't mind doing it.

Eddie

Better clear it with Tiviakov first!?

Toppy  Grin

The man who tries to do something and fails is infinitely better than he who tries to do nothing and succeeds - Lloyd Jones Smiley

IP Logged

Edward_Dearing

I love ChessPublishing
.com!

Reply #2 - 03/30/11 at 13:47:06
Post Tools
Heh.  Thanks for the interest in the book.  2nd edition is a tricky one.  There's obviously a case for updating several chapters, however the bulk of the book is still pretty current, so the question is really whether readers would get value out of revisions to just the key chapters. 

I may be taking time out from law to do an MBA next year, so in theory I would have time to write a second edition.  If enough people are interested I wouldn't mind doing it.

Eddie

IP Logged

bragesjo
God Member

CCE at ICCF 2021 and CCM
at ICCF 2023

Reply #1 - 03/30/11 at 10:42:59
Post Tools
Speeking of your book, any chance that there will be a 2nd edition? There is surley a marked for it right now and there has been many developments for both sides.
« Last Edit: 04/06/11 at 17:13:42 by MNb »  
IP Logged

MNb
YaBB Moderator

Rudolf Spielmann forever

Should E.Dearing update his book?
04/06/11 at 17:12:32
Post Tools
Please continue your discussion on evt. new Dragon books here.

The book had the effect good books usually have: it made the stupids more stupid, the intelligent more intelligent and the other thousands of readers remained unchanged.
GC Lichtenberg

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Topic Tools
Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo